WildSurvive Forum

What would you pack in a PSK if you were traveling overseas (by air)? I am wondering if security would give a person a hard time about these items? This may not be an issue at all, but the last time I traveled by air they seemed like the could be sticklers. 

What would you pack in a PSK if you were traveling overseas (by air)? I am wondering if security would give a person a hard time about these items? This may not be an issue at all, but the last time I traveled by air they seemed like the could be sticklers. 

Haven't traveled outside the U.S. by air ever or by air at all in several years but I'd think it had a lot to do with where you were going. Here inside the U.S. it would likely be ok to have my Gerber pocket knife in my checked luggage,  and would probably be ok to have in some other countries. However in the U.K. that knife is illegal by 1/4 of an inch and would likely get confiscated by customs

I am wondering the same thing but for the us with  me going in the  army ill be flying a lot and afyer starting the lost searis on dvd it has me thinking with all of these security mesures in place what can we take for an edc in our carry on because gear in checked lugage might not be available if the plane was to go down heaven forbid

Unfortunately you can get yourself into trouble bringing blades and other items into certain foriegn countries. If I pack a PSK, I keep it in my checked luggage aside from penlights, firstaid kit and paracord "shoelaces"... lol. If it is a country you are familiar with then pack what you can legally take. When in doubt..... do what the locals do. You might arrive empty handed but a quick shopping trip will tell you what is okay to have.... knives for sale are usually legal. Keep an eye on the locals. I walked around Cuba with a 30inch machete but was asked to remove my multitool from my belt by a cop with a machine gun. :guns: :unsure:

As far as crash landing in a plane.... just be happy you made it through at all..... and if you did.... an entire plane makes a pretty good multitool.... lol  ;)

I am wondering the same thing but for the us with  me going in the  army ill be flying a lot and afyer starting the lost searis on dvd it has me thinking with all of these security mesures in place what can we take for an edc in our carry on because gear in checked lugage might not be available if the plane was to go down heaven forbid

:dribble: ... bro!!  PUNCTUATION!!  :nop: ......... I almost passed out reading that.... no commas, capitals or periods..... no place for my head to take a breath..... :dead:

:P Just messin with ya.... but not really.

See, now I tend to overuse periods, commas and such.... so maybe I'm the one with the problem.....,,,,......,,, .  :/

Rick

with all of these security mesures in place what can we take for an edc in our carry on because gear in checked lugage might not be available if the plane was to go down heaven forbid

The way I see it the best things you can legally take on a plane with you on a plane would be a pen light, I like the paracord shoelaces, maybe one of those very large car keys with the big plastic handles that doesn't even go to anything  (or even your own car key if it's made that way) that is slightly sharpened on the point to make a field expedient awl, and just plain old good karmah.

You should be ok travelling to most countries as long as sharps are in your checked luggage.

I have never had any problems with knife going in and out of a country not even the UK.

Mist you would be ok bringing a knife to the UK and you shouldn't have any problem if you keep it in your pack and not wear it or have it on your person. Most knives are not illegal in the UK you just have to have a reason to have it with you.

I will be taking all my kit out to Guyana in August for the jungle trip i am doing, including a number of knives.