WildSurvive Forum

Well I have owned a couple and they could come in handy in certain situations, but I  am not sure you would want one in a BOB. They do take up quite a bit of room and you would be limited to the size of game you could take with one and you would need to be pretty close in order to take something.  I feel there are better options available  and one would be a very good sling shot. A slingshot can be deadly even over a distance and take up very little room. This is just my .02cents, but I hope it helps. 

I know they make some blowguns that breakdown into sections which would make it more practical for a pack.  I do own a wrist rocket which works great but it seems like the damn bands snap after just a short while being used.  And I really don't want to carry a bb gun pistol. 

How about a .22 handgun it can be used to take small game and if needed medium game. There is also keltech arms wich have  a veriaty of folding rifles in .223 wich can be used on smal medium and some large game. I don't remeber what modle it was but they have a specialy desighned pistol that shoots .223 but has the velosity of  a rifle.

Guest smallgamehunter

i have a blowgun with my kit i have a 30 inch .40 cal blow gun but i would really consider a big bore blowgun from cold steel

I know they make some blowguns that breakdown into sections which would make it more practical for a pack.  I do own a wrist rocket which works great but it seems like the damn bands snap after just a short while being used.  And I really don't want to carry a bb gun pistol. 

I think a slingshot is a more powerful and more reliable weapon and extra tubes are light and don't take up much room and breakdown much more slowly when not in use... so to me is a better option...unless you know of a field expedient toxin such as the one they use in Panama where they use blow guns to hunt monkeys with great success....it's not the dart that brings the monkey down but the poison. Ever watched a monkey being spit-roasted? You may have to constantly remind yourself it IS NOT a small child being cooked...it helps if you see the whole process instead of just the cooking part.

How about a .22 handgun it can be used to take small game and if needed medium game. There is also keltech arms wich have  a veriaty of folding rifles in .223 wich can be used on smal medium and some large game. I don't remeber what modle it was but they have a specialy desighned pistol that shoots .223 but has the velosity of  a rifle.

I'm not allowed to carry a pistol LEGALLY.

Guest smallgamehunter

im telling u look for a blowgun atleast 30 inches in length and u be able to bring down squirrells at close range

If your tubes break for the slingshot then your kinda screwed for a replacement.  If I had to I could make ammo for a blowgun.

I'm not certain I am going to add a blowgun.  I'm just considering it.

Plus if I was going to hunt game I'd use a spear and some throwing sticks.  I did it when I was young and had pretty good success. 

Plus if I was going to hunt game I'd use a spear and some throwing sticks.  I did it when I was young and had pretty good success. 

When I was a kid and a teenager I used to make home made bows and spears...have used the bows to kill birds , small game, and even fish.

~ taken steps over Dave's Caution Tape...   :P

Do y'all REALIZE how accident prone this Squirrel is?  :mad:

Quit telling him he needs a pistol, or a pellet gun, or a sling shot!  :ranting:

At LEAST he can't Blow himself to death with darts!  gen165.gif

----- can you Dave?  :unsure:

Guest smallgamehunter

if the mind is willing anything is possible taken

I'm not allowed to carry a pistol LEGALLY.

im sorry for this mis camunication. after reading this post i am interested in geting one my self where can i get a break down one and what caliber should i look at getting. what sight do you sugest

im sorry for this mis camunication. after reading this post i am interested in geting one my self where can i get a break down one and what caliber should i look at getting. what sight do you sugest

Ok  Let me clarify a little.  I don't have a pistol permit to allow me to carry a pistol.  I wish I did.  A 22 pistol would be ,u first choice for a carry gun.

Guest smallgamehunter

i get a 5 yard range with mine its 30 inches long and i got mine from www.imsplus.com their store is here local so im not for sure if they have them listed on their site but im sure u could google avenger blowguns and find several sites that sell them.  my blowgun is one piece but it fits nicely in the tunnel pocket of my alice pack so it works for me

i would look for the avenger backpacker blowgun if u want one that breals down

Guest smallgamehunter

go to imsplus.com type in blowgun and u should find their backpacker takedown blowgun to be what u are looking for