WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tsegura

Got some new 2 way radios !

I bought these 2 way radios at the local sporting goods store on sale for 25 bucks ! They are rechargeable and can run on 4 AAA batteries . These will be great for camping trips . The older ones in the bottom pic are still good so they'll get used too . Does any one know if they will all work on the same frequency ? I have to charge them to find out was just wondering if any one knew . Well any opinions ?

s7300539bb5.jpg

s7300541hc3.jpg

w800.png

They will. You just have to set the channel. They all run on the same frequencies.

And just so you know they won't get 26 miles as they all say they will. But they do come in handy for short range communications.

I have a set of midlands around here some where. We used them in construction moving dirt keeping track of each other. They are mainly line of sight and limited in range but free of skip. They all run on the same frequency you just have to match them as the utilize side band or split frequency. I like the call function to get the attention of the person your calling.

They will. You just have to set the channel. They all run on the same frequencies.

And just so you know they won't get 26 miles as they all say they will. But they do come in handy for short range communications.

I just tested them and they will all work together, i know the uniden ones i have are advertised for a 20 mile range but the best i can get from them is 4

Thats not bad. On open areas with a clear line of sight you may get more also if the weather is just right also. But 4 miles is good. And they do come in handy for lots of things.

Four miles isn't bad for a family camping trip or in an emergency situation andyou get seperated. Could probably get more on open plains or in an open desert area but not through heavy foilage or ridges.

Guest blacksmith

yeah not bad at all the city radios do not get that here

Im telling ya look into marine band radios. I know your not supposed to use them on dry land but they allow more power and theres no one else on there if your stay off channel 16 thats the call channel. They have Canadian bands also that wont bother any one. You can run 50 watts on marine band.

Well with those 900 mhz radios you don't need a FCC license as you do if you use the gmrs band on the other radios. FRS no license required. Marine radios you need a license. And the fines for using the radios without a license can be up to $8,000.00

Well with those 900 mhz radios you don't need a FCC license as you do if you use the gmrs band on the other radios. FRS no license required. Marine radios you need a license. And the fines for using the radios without a license can be up to $8,000.00

This is true and getting your ham ticket isnt rocket science these days... hell if someone as dumb as I am can do it, just about anyone can. :)

4 miles on FRS is pretty good, better then I get on my 440 HT Ham rig. (70cm). I have a number of FRS/GRMS radios around the house, my wife often uses them to call me in from the garage or when I am out doing yard work.

Handy little rigs.