WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tsegura

I got a package in the mail !

I got this Thursday in the mail from Tatonka , it's great stuff tommorrow i'm gona finallty make a smaller kit ! Thanks Tatonka ! With the stuff Mistwalker and Swede sent me i think i can finally downsize my kit ! I'll take pics and post the progress !

s7300577hc2.jpg

By tsegura

Well i started on the fishing kit this morning ,this is what i have :

s7300596hw6.jpg

By tsegura

I put all the hooks on a safety pin , i do this in all my tackle boxes plus you can always use safety pins

s7300598iq8.jpg

By tsegura[/url

I cut a bober in half to make 2 , i've done this before and for small bait it'll make it easier to detect small fish strikes

s7300599em6.jpg

By tsegura

s7300600kg0.jpg

By tsegura

Also added a little bait

s7300601or0.jpg

By tsegura

Then added about 20 yards of 12 lb. test line

s7300602ys8.jpg

By tsegura

The finished kit fits into the tin perfectly

s7300603tn9.jpg

By tsegura

That looks really good T, I like the way you do the hooks. You  have good results with that Berkley stuff?

The Berkly stuff works great , but i don't use it much , it will keep for a good while if it's sealed though .

Looks good Tsegura.

Plus you have the button compass that you can mount to something or just keep it in the belt so you have a compass on you all the time. 2 hooks glo in the dark

Enjoy the goodies

We have found the manufactured crappie nibblers work nearly as well as live wax worms.

This is what i have in my kit so far , it'll be a daily carry and since most of my time is spent at work this kit will have all i need , I'm going to make a emergency candle for it and i have added some hand sanitizer (tested and will burn ! )

s7300605ra6.jpg

By tsegura

I added a small compas to the bag and a red led

s7300606lp5.jpg

By tsegura

s7300607ks9.jpg

By tsegura

Tatonka also sent me this survival belt , I love it  ! I added some things to it

s7300608cu3.jpg

By tsegura

I added some para cord ,

s7300610dy3.jpg

By tsegura

I added a mag stick , a small fishing kit , a button compas and a small led light

s7300611ac3.jpg

By tsegura

Now what it looks like when it's complete , i can carry the kit to work and back everyday and if i go into the bush i can attach it to the survival belt and i'm set !

s7300613rn7.jpg

By tsegura

I know I'm missing some things and may have forgot something please tell me , i haven't decided about tinder yet any suggestions ?

You can also carry a few feet of jute twine. When you seperate the strands into fine hairs, they take a spark real well. If you can get your hands on some fat wood, that would be good also. Cotton dryer lint too. Great looking kit, by the way.

Tsegura, I will drop a envelope in the mail tomorrow with some fatwood for you. I cut the pieces in half  then you get double the amount and then they fit in your kit better

Tsegura, I will drop a envelope in the mail tomorrow with some fatwood for you. I cut the pieces in half then you get double the amount

Thanks , i've hunted for some around here and can't find any ( maybe i'm blind ?! )

Thanks , i've hunted for some around here and can't find any ( maybe i'm blind ?! )

I get the fatwood from walmart

Oh the fire starter sticks in the camping dept. ? if so i can pick some up .

No this is actual fatwood they sell for fireplaces to start the fires. I got a 8 lb bag of it

And I have your envelope ready to mail out already.

Looks good T, think you have most of your bases covered pretty good. I would definitely put some form of anti-inflamatory/pain reliever, some antibiotic ointment wouldn't hurt but if anybody has bad allergies some benadryl may serve you better. I like to keep one military issue compression bandage in each pack as they can also serve as a tourniquet.