WildSurvive Forum

I am going to try  to make one of the paracord bracelets. Is there any site out there that shows how to start the brading on one? I want to think I saw a thread on here about how to do it, but I cant find it now.

I have got about 50 ft, but I am always looking for more. You would'nt happen to know where I could find some more would you?

How much ya want?  I have a fair sized spool, but Sportsman's Guide and Cheaper Than Dirt both have it if you need more.

How much ya want?  I have a fair sized spool, but Sportsman's Guide and Cheaper Than Dirt both have it if you need more.

That reminds me, I was suppose to stop by the station and pick up a Cheaper that Dirt Catalog wasnt I? 

no it's real easy to make... I have about 8 of them scattered around my room.  for my wrist size I use about 8ft for my button ones and just a little less for the buckle ones.

That reminds me, I was suppose to stop by the station and pick up a Cheaper that Dirt Catalog wasnt I? 

Yup, I think you were looking for those automatic fishing reels?  If I recall correctly they're a dozen for $29.97.

Well I finally set down and made one of the paracord bracelets. It was not near as difficult as I thought it would be. It is just a series of square knots tied around two other pieces of paracord. The buckle is a little big (I couldn't find any small ones), but it turned out OK for my first attempt.

DSC00373.jpg

Guest smallgamehunter

i made one for myself thanks for the link tatonka

Those are fun to make and pretty easy after you get the pattern down.  I've made version to use as a lanyard on my carry knife too.

I can do the bracelet part, but I have a hard time finishing them off neatly.  I tried tucking the ends inside the hitches but that didn't work well.  I tried tying them off in a knot but that makes a bulky mess, and I tried burning the ends and sticking them together but that didn't work either.   :(