WildSurvive Forum

Here is another paracord bracelet. This one is a snake knot (for the braid of the bracelet) with a loop on the starting end and then finished with a diamond knot. No clips needed; the loop slips over the diamond knot.  This one uses about 10-12 feet of paracord.

Here is another paracord bracelet. This one is a snake knot (for the braid of the bracelet) with a loop on the starting end and then finished with a diamond knot. No clips needed; the loop slips over the diamond knot.  This one uses about 10-12 feet of paracord.

That looks really nice OFG. Your tie?  If so, where'd you learn the knots?

Thanks, Gandar - yep, I tied this one.  I started out with this pattern for a snake knot

http://www.stellaceleste.com/htm/knots/snakeknot.htm

I started with a loop at the top (to the left in the picture) and used this pattern to make the bracelet.  

When I got to the end, I used a diamond knot to make the end (on the right) to hook through the loop on the top.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamond_knot

I have also used just a snake knot to make zipper pulls for my Columbia winter jacket. These are smaller, only using a foot or so of paracord, but it makes it easy to work the zippers, even with gloves on.

ofg i made myself a belt the other day, it takes alot of cord, i used a 1 in side clasp buckle to finish it. Where did you get the pattern for the one at the top of this page? the wide one? I finally figured out how to make myself a lanyard for my gps and one for my wifes work keys and badge. i also made a watch band, but it is a bit small, so i am going to re do that one.

Where do you guys buy your cord?

Out - the one at the top of the page is a pretty similar to this common paracord lanyard pattern:

http://stormdraneslanyard.blogspot.com/

Here is what I did.  First I started out with a Chinese button knott, there the link leaves a loop on the far end of the knot, I didn't.  I then ran both ends to the far side, leaving both loops and back to the starting knot.  From there, I left a little space from the button knot and used the cobra stitch working back toward the double loops.

Then I was close enough to the ends of the loops that I could still get it to slip over the button knot, I stopped and finished by working the ends back into the braid.

This is actually kind of reverse of if you would use a button. Normally the button would be attached to the two loops and where the button knot is tied would just be a loop to go over the button.

I bought my paracord off of eBay.  I found a 1,200 foot spool for $58, making it about .03/foot.

i am really only asking where you guys get it to check on the pricing I have gotten.  I have been getting it from Vermonts Barre Army Navy Store, www.vtarmynavy.com and am happy with the service.  Last time I ordered I got a 1200' spool for 52.95 in od and a 500' spool for 26.95.

thats a cool pattern i am gonna have to play around with that one.

I am going to take some pictures of my recent projects tonight i hope and throw them up here.

what are they charging you to ship a spool?  I actually went to their store a couple months back on vacation. (the store is tiny)  I wish I had bought more cord when I was there. 

what are they charging you to ship a spool?  I actually went to their store a couple months back on vacation. (the store is tiny)  I wish I had bought more cord when I was there.  

Yup my wrist is still cold.  :whistle:

OFG looks like i need to check out ebay

Here are a few of the things i have made recently.

IMG_0040-1.jpg

GPS lanyard

IMG_0032-1-1.jpg

IMG_0034-1.jpg

IMG_0036-1.jpg

Belt

Nice work OOD.  I agree with Mist the belt looks good.

Now I need to get some more 550 cord and try some of these things. Need to make a Baldric strap for myself.

Here is another paracord bracelet I made this afternoon.  This pattern is similar to the first on I made and is in the picture as a comparision.  Instead of the repeating square knots, every other is reversed, making a pattern of w's along the edge.  

Paracord11_09_001.thumb.jpg.e30f394bd9c045674f68d085dcb11c0f.jpg

Paracord11_09_002.thumb.jpg.9003b4e5c32086e0f1b536a0886dbdcf.jpg