WildSurvive Forum

First, you need to find a monkey...

Yeah, those take some practice.

Especially finding one that doesn't throw poop at you. I guess I'm going to have to lure them into MY cage!

Thost are all Paracord?  What did you do for the far right one?

I made some key fobs for 2 of my rifles.  My 223 and 22.  I personalized them so I add some of my own personalization

IMG_20101204_141704.jpg

IMG_20101204_141728.jpg

It's a bushie.  I almost went with the sig556 but this came with a 2 stage trigger, quad rail, and a pistolgrip with surefier light holder also an upgraded butt stock and 200 less than the sig.

if they had a RRA there I would have went with it.  IMO I think Rock River is one of the best made ARs in the market

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

It's a bushie.  I almost went with the sig556 but this came with a 2 stage trigger, quad rail, and a pistolgrip with surefier light holder also an upgraded butt stock and 200 less than the sig.

if they had a RRA there I would have went with it.  IMO I think Rock River is one of the best made ARs in the market

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

thats why i went with th rock, awesome reviews, 2 stage trigger, quad rail. i had it all swated out, it must have weighed 12 pounds, i took off everything but the surefire and red dot. put a few simple upgrades on it, badger tactical latch, ergo grip and specter sling. got it back down to a reasonable weight. its almost as accurate as my savage 110 tactical, never expected that!

That's a great website, Tatonka.  That's where I learned how to make paracord bracelets.  I sent Falco a stack of them last year and he said all his friends nabbed them as soon as they saw them.  :grin: 

Here is a new paracord bracelet I made over the weekend.

I started with two pieces of paracord (about 4-4.5 feet of each, one orange, one OD green) and tied one end together with a lanyard knot (and later finished this with some whipping, using an internal strand I had laying around).

5vud.jpg

On the far end, I left both loops large enough for the knot to go through to hold it, then did the standard cobra weave . 

q5fm.jpg

I melted the two ends used for the braid, flattened them out with the needle nose pliers and worked them back into the weave to secure them (You can see one end in the first picture).

lhsl.jpg

I was not sure of how the colors would look together, but liked the final result.

No buckles needed.

Thats the same way I did it in the video I put up on Youtube.  Glad you can figure it out!  The general population of youtube is hating on me saying it was hard to understand.

Pretty close, except that I didn't melt any of the ends together, just tied them with the lanyard knot.  Some of the stuff people use for buckles just seems way to big for my liking.

That's the type of knot closure my wife uses to avoid the buckles.  The one I have been wearing for the last 5 years or so is a different weave (Quick release style) and a bit smaller but uses that knot closure.  It locks so tight, I can hang it on a hook and it will support my gratuitous weight, something a buckle would never do.  Love these knots.

Those colors do look pretty cool together too.  Nice job OFG