WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Doro22

WoodDucks to watch from my kitchen window

We have some new wildlife to watch from our kitchen window right now, besides our birds at the birdfeeder.

Here is a woodduck making its nest in the big tree. I had to zoom in so far that these pictures are not as clear as I would like for them to be, but you can still see the detail of the ducks colors.

woodduck001.jpg

woodduck002.jpg

woodduck003.jpg

woodduck004.jpg

I really do not think this family of ducks will make it though..... cause this is the same tree we see coons in. But it will be fun to watch them while they are there. Hope to add more pictures , maybe get both male and female there at the same time....

Maybe Blair can wrap some of that pool liner around the base of that tree to keep the coons out.

It must be nice to have them where you can see them regularly!   :thumbsup:

I think they flew the coop! Havent seen hide nor feather of them since this morning..... sad042.gif

Even if they don't decide to inhabit the tree, you at least know they're around.  If Blair builds those wood duck boxes they may stick around.

Well...... Guess what? 8| My ducks are back. Found them this morning going from tree to tree looking for the right spot for their nest. The trees are so far away that I cannot get good closeups of them. But these shots arent too bad. These trees are on a steep hillside and the only thing at the bottom is a small stream where I took pictures of the little waterfall and posted in "waterfall and shed hunting". Luckily, its all in my backyard so I can keep watch for them.  I think we need to name these ducks.... Help me think of some names.....  :help:  :idea:

woodduck001.jpg

woodduck002.jpg

woodduck003.jpg

woodduck004.jpg

woodduck005.jpg

woodduck006.jpg

Well Swede I think you need to travel over to help him out. And I think a good payment would be a nice slice of pie and coffee

Name them Wild and Survive

Blair needs to get the wood duck house up.   :nop:

Hes too busy today.........he went fishing with jerry and jeremy to little swan lake.....