WildSurvive Forum

You have to ask yourselves WHY?  And why did the President warn us, on Friday, of an impending flu season more severe than normal.?  8|

Because they are planning it...  scared011.gif

During the 2008-09 season, influenza A (H1), A (H3), and B viruses have co-circulated in the United States. On April 15 and 17, 2009, CDC confirmed the first two cases of novel influenza A (H1N1) virus in the United States. As of July 10, 2009, 37,246 confirmed and probable infections with novel influenza A (H1N1) virus and 211 deaths (6 deaths in individuals 0-4 years, 34 deaths in individuals 5-24 years, 87 deaths in adults 25-49 years, 50 deaths in adults 50-64 years, 19 deaths in adults age 65 and older and 15 deaths with unknown age) have been identified by CDC and state and local public health departments. Reporting of novel influenza A (H1N1) viruses by U.S. WHO collaborating laboratories began during week 17 (week ending May 2, 2009). The results of tests performed during the current week are summarized in the table below.

(these "Death by Flu" age ranges are extremely remarkable.)  only, nobody on any news channel is "remarking" on it.  :nono:

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/

I have a theory that the reason the number of deaths in the 25-49 year old bracket is because those are the people working right now and they are terrified of calling in sick and losing their jobs in this horrible economy.  Those people are going to work sick, not getting their rest, and it's killing them.  :nono:

I see the government just allocated a billion dollars to produce a serum.

~ For those folks who think that a Triple reasortment influenza virus is unique with this novel H1N1....  (Triple reassortment means Part Human, part swine, and part avian). The fact is that these triple reassortment viruses have been recognized since the 90's (North Carolina), and have been a concern of agricultural Scientists for some time, because they are a direct result of factory farming. In a world who's population of humans continues to grow exponentially, the need for cheap protein has brought about a need for treating animals (our brothers) in an inhumane fashion. Chickens no longer strut around a farm yard... pigs no longer wallow in the mud around a barn. Animals are crammed into spaces where they are unable to even turn around, for the duration of their lives. What comes around goes around. This "triple reasortment virus" was not manmade. It was Mother Nature made, by our own practices. Nature has her own checks and balances. When the "need to feed" causes undue treatment of billions of animals every day, one species has to pay. We're reaping what we've sown.  :arigato:

By the time they do come up with a vaccine this virus will have mutated itself into a different strain and we will only see more deaths from it. The Govt is acting way to slow for this.

And the fact that most farm animals are given way to many drugs. Wonder why we can't ward off viruses anymore. People are the last recipients of those drugs.

I am in and out of different companies all week and I am starting to come across people who have had it or who have family members who have.

We are pretty densely populated over in this corner of the Uk (thankfully not on my doorstep) but it is only a matter of time before I get it.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that Mel will not pick it up before the end of the school term next week, then I will be hoping that I dont pick it up before I head off to Guyana.

I can miss work for a week or so, but not a chance to see Adi wearing a skirt in the jungle.  ;)

Not to detract from the seriousness of the information in this thread. I am keeping as much of an eye on it as I can, and trying to make what preps I can afford to make....which isn't really very much....however

Rob, you must bring back pics of him in that skirt!!!

I am in and out of different companies all week and I am starting to come across people who have had it or who have family members who have.

We are pretty densely populated over in this corner of the Uk (thankfully not on my doorstep) but it is only a matter of time before I get it.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that Mel will not pick it up before the end of the school term next week, then I will be hoping that I dont pick it up before I head off to Guyana.

I can miss work for a week or so, but not a chance to see Adi wearing a skirt in the jungle.  ;)

~ Hi Rob, nice to meet you. They're starting to think that this flu has been around in the U.S. since February. It was only by a fluke that they ever "typed it" in California. (Part of flu surveillance). It types as a type A influenza, so nobody would be surprised by that. I'm beginning to think my own two girls had it in March, because they both came down with flu-like symptoms with fever sore throat chills body aches etc. They were sicker than normal (my oldest has had influenza before so I was surprised that she came down with the flu again, one year later just as severe as the first time, so soon.) I hope they caught it. As it is, I'm not too worried about it. as long as it doesn't shift and change. Catching it is the only way to acquire immunity as of yet.

Right now, the only thing alarming about it is that it's victims are younger than normal. But that is normal for ALL Pandemic influenza. Everytime we have a Pandemic, a younger than normal victim range is seen.

I keep tabs on this virus ONLY to see what it's up to next.  It would only take one amino acid change on the hemagglutinin protein to make it more virulent. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it just plays itself out without making that change.

:thumbup:

I can miss work for a week or so, but not a chance to see Adi wearing a skirt in the jungle.  ;)

KILT!  IT'S A KILT!  IT'S NOT A SKIRT!  Just ask these guys if they are wearing a "skirt"!  :woot:  :rofl:

24390622897de68dfe0am.jpg

My friend Hande Kurt in Istanbul, Turkey posted this picture on Facebook.  She is involved in the health care field and keeps up with worldwide health issues.

swinefluj.png

KILT!  IT'S A KILT!  IT'S NOT A SKIRT!  Just ask these guys if they are wearing a "skirt"!  :woot:  :rofl:

24390622897de68dfe0am.jpg

I think topless and in a skirt is hot but thats not what i had in mind.

Genetic Changes in Pandemic H1N1 in Brazil Raise Concerns

Recombinomics Commentary 19:40

July 29, 2009

A new Novel H1N1 sequence has been isolated from an 11 year old girl, from Brazil (Sao Paulo) who died on June 30th.  The HA sequence of the isolate, A/Sao Paulo/43812/2009, was released at Genbank and has three newly acquired polymorphisms.  One rare polymorphism encodes for V252M (H3 numbering) and the nucleotide change is found in a limited number of sequences, including those from the 1918 pandemic.

This Sao Paulo isolate is the most recent isolate from Brazil, and may represent a change associated with the dramatic rise in fatalities in the region.  Almost all of the fatalities in Brazil are in the southern region, and a high rate of fatalities has also been reported for adjacent locations in Argentina (see map).  This concentration of fatal cases in southern Brazil and the Buenos Aires / Santa Fe region in Argentina and locations to the north, raise concerns that the fatalities may be linked to genetic changes in the pandemic virus circulating in the area.  The presence of the novel polymorphism, V252M, increases those concerns.

Recent reports from Argentina indicated there were 8 amino acid changes in recent isolates, presumably spread across all eight gene segments.  The relationship of these changes to the newly acquired polymorphism in the Sao Paulo isolate would be of interest.

Release of recent sequences from isolates in Brazil, Argentina, Uraguay, and Paraguay would be useful."

~ This new change in the virus was isolated from an 11 year old girl, from a middle class family in Brazil, who died only 2 days after coming down with symptoms... six hours after entering a hospital.

fasten your seatbelts... this virus might be changing.  :unsure:

http://www.recombinomics.com/News/07290901/H1N1_V252M.html

Brazilian Teen Dies on Flight After Disney World Trip

Sunday, August 02, 2009  

Another Sao Paulo Teen dies quickly of influenza type illness

SAO PAULO  — (See my above post about Sao Paulo changes in H1N1)

Officials say a 15-year-old Brazilian girl died on a Copa Airlines flight from Orlando to Sao Paulo after a trip to Walt Disney World.

Airport officials tell Globo TV the teen suffered a cardiac arrest a few hours before the plane was to land in Sao Paulo on Sunday.

Copa Airlines said two doctors who were passengers on the flight tried to revive the teen, but she was already dead when the plane arrived.

The Tia Augusta tourism agency that booked the girl's flight said in a statement that she had gone to an Orlando hospital with flu symptoms and tested negative for swine flu before being authorized to fly back to Brazil.

(Due to the common initial false negative test results for Swine H1N1, further H1N1 testing is being done upon autopsy.) Many victims of Swine flu initially test negative for the virus.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,536189,00.html?test=latestnews

http://www.buenosairesherald.com/BreakingNews/View/8021

Anyone been to Disney World lately?  :whistle:

~ The latest updates from Brazil show the largest number of deaths are in the Sao Paulo area, and the second highest number of deaths is in the Rio grande de sol (just south of Sao Paulo.) 

The fact that all of these deaths have been reported in just the last few weeks is significant.

The total number of deaths in Brazil is 61, and the fact that 53 of those are recent, and have occurred in the Sao Paulo area (and the area just south of Sao Paulo) is significant.  There are concerns that the virus may be changing in that area of the world.

Genetic sequences from victims in that area will be helpful in determining if the virus is changing. These sequences are expected to be released from researchers at Columbia University within the next few days.

~ What's up with this new "Plague" in China?  :unsure:

China pneumonic plague toll rises to 3: report

(AFP) 4 hours ago

BEIJING The death toll from an outbreak of pneumonic plague in northwest China has risen to three, state media reported on Tuesday as health officials maintained a quarantine lockdown on a town of 10,000 people.

The latest victim was a 64-year-old man who died on Monday in Ziketan, a remote town in a Tibetan area of Qinghai province where two fatalities had previously been reported, the Global Times said.

At least nine other people were infected with the highly-virulent disease -- most of them relatives of the first victim, a 32-year-old herdsman, reports said, quoting local health authorities.

Qinghai provincial health authorities refused to comment when contacted by AFP on Tuesday.

Ziketan, which is about 200 kilometres (125 miles) southwest of the provincial capital Xining, had enough supplies to get by on its own for the time being, the official Xinhua news agency said.

Health authorities were urging people who had visited Ziketan on or after July 16 to seek immediate help if they developed a cough or fever.

Medical staff were tracking down people who had been in close contact with the patients but there had been no reports of new infections, Xinhua said.

The World Health Organization said the outbreak was a concern but hoped it could be contained as previous outbreaks in the same area had been in recent years.

"It's definitely a concern because this is probably the most lethal form of plague there is," WHO spokeswoman Vivian Tan told AFP in Beijing.

"But it is happening in a remote area of the country and the authorities seem to be taking the right measures so it's probably too soon to say how serious the situation is."

Tan said the bacteria which causes the plague is endemic in some rodents in the region.

"If the fleas from those animals do bite human beings they could lead to the bubonic plague, which is more common, and if that is left untreated it could sometimes lead to the pneumonic plague which we're seeing in Qinghai at the moment," she said.

However, Tan said there had been no reports of bubonic plague in the region, and the cause of the outbreak was unclear.

"At this point the authorities are still investigating so we can't really pinpoint the source of the problem," she said.

The vast high-altitude area is sparsely inhabited, mainly by Tibetan herders.

Plague in the region is mainly due to the handling of carcasses of infected rodents such as marmots, which are hunted for food and fur, the WHO says.

Pneumonic plague spreads through the air, making it easier to contract than bubonic plague, which requires that a person is bitten by an infected flea.

The WHO says pneumonic plague is the most virulent but least common form of plague. The mortality rate is high and patients can die 24 hours after infection.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gUvKuB6WVz7vehKZs4_wxS6s20Qw

"For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers (various) places." Matthew 24:7

H1n1 vaccine shots will be available this October as reported on CNN today. It will require two shots spaced a few weeks apart and is supposed to keep you immune to the disease.