WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Machine

Survive This

Wow that looks great classic Survivorman. When you said cartoon net work I had a whole different opinion of it. Thanks Lara.

~ Well...

Last night was the season premier here in the states, and I enjoyed it! :thumbsup:

First the kids went through a week long survival course, and then Les took them out into the Wilderness, and true to his original shows, he staged a similation.

In his simulation, they're going camping, and the bus crashes... (he even leaves them with a wrecked bus, and only gives them a few minutes to get everything out of it that they need.) The bus was stocked with obvious things that a group of folks might take on a camping trip. There are multi-tools, some tarps, pocket knives, and a few food items, and some rods and reels, some pots and some other miscellaneous items. They have magnesium fire starters (I think). Either way, Les leaves them on their own. He doesn't stay to help them. He's VERY Serious with them...

He tells them to take stock of what they have, and he tells them that this is the real deal. Night is coming, and they need to apply what they've learned. He says "In case you haven't figured it out yet, you aren't going home tonight... This is survival. This is real."

The boys immediatly started thinking "Shelter", collect Fire wood etc. The girls mostly sat and talked. LOL (They did cook later.)

The "Princess" (that's what she called herself) was the first one to need paramedic intervention when a pocket knife got stuck (pinched) onto her lower lip happy061.gif (she was trying to open it with her teeth.) Other than that, everything went pretty good. So far, it looks like all the boys are doing the work, with the exception of one "country girl" who says most of the other kids don't have a clue.

This mix is typical... and intriguing. :naughty:

There's the "princess" girl who has never done anything for herself. Her mom still cleans her room and does her laundry. There's a city kid who's super-active on skateboards and stuff, but he's never been in the wilderness. There's a nerdy kid (my fav.) who doesn't have a ton of leadership or popularity skills but he's lived outside (so to speak) his entire life. He knows every bug.... every fact, and he's grown up camping. :thumbup: And other personalities who are sure to lure you in. :yes:

At the end of each day, Les comes to their camp, and asks them "Who wants out?"

Last night was just their first day. It's only a 30 minute show. :glare: I wish it was an hour.

I think everyone here will get a kick out of it for sure. cool14.gif

Yea I watched it too and thought it was pretty good. Pretty funny when "Princess" caught her lip in the pocket knife...  happy097.gif :rofll:

I thought it should be an hour show too. They'll taking applications for a season 2.Way to go Les.. :bounce:

Hopefully it'll catch the eye of one of the big TV networks like CBS  and then Les will have a big hit on his hands.  cool14.gif

Excellent and accurate write up Taken.  I watched the show last night.  It was pretty good.  Excellent mix of kids for sure.  It is great to watch how they all do things.  I do have to admit....I laughed BIG TIME when the Princess got the knife stuck.  I know...that is mean....but....it was just too funny.  I think the show has alot of potential.  I agree the biggest problem is.....it's a half hour.  They barely got started and it was over.  Not to mention the commercials.  Make it an hour.

I recorded it and haven't watched it yet.....BUT....my kids are hooked! Bravo Zulu Les! We need more wholesome entertainment like that for our younger generation.

just saw it...   :rofl:

they make it sound like spending one night out there is the end of the world and is so hard.  happy097.gif

This show sucks for only one reason... not on of those guys pulled the "it's cold so we should cuddle and share our body heat trick." love072.gif

happy097.gif

and opening a knife with your mouth.   :rofl: well i guess thats better than braking a nail.

Guest smallgamehunter

someone should of gave them a course in knife safety

Loving the show, I laughed quite a bit at princess, she reminds me so much of the girls at my school!  I think this show has a lot of promiss...  Hmmm, wonder how I can get on season two...

Here ya go SK.I got this in my inbox from "Survive This" on Facebook. cool14.gif

SEASON 2 CASTING HAS STARTED!!!

No video games, no Internet, no food court... no kidding. THIS IS REAL.

Do YOU have what it takes to survive like expert "Survivorman" Les Stroud?

If you think that you are the ultimate survivor and are ready for the adventure of a lifetime fill out this application and submit photo of yourself today!

Go to www.survivethis.com to apply!

Best of Luck to you and whoeever else wants to join.  happy070.gif

My son  and I  really like all of Les's programs and he and I have been watching "SuriveThis" on the computer due to my work schedule. :thumbup: It is not a bad show you just have to realize it is made for teenagers more than adults.

the guy who stabed himself in the leg would be me... tipical guy. a guy could cut his finger off and say "Opps, get me a beer" 

yep I cut myself, stab myself, Crash on bike, Jam fingers, dislocate fingers, and dislocate my knee... I fix the problem and call it good. 

yep me too not a axe though it was the spokes of a bike, then i cut myself with glass scares from both. but yea oopps and go on after you take care of it.

another great episode. it seems that jen and adam do all the work and the rest just lazes around.

I just watched this one........I like the show over all.  Jenn and Adam need to chill for a day and see what gets done...it might make the lazy ones get off their................

Yea I also checked the website and it didn't have it either  :thumbdown:.....It's okay Kim though hopefully it'll be on next week. happy100.gif