WildSurvive Forum
outofdoors

attn gun owners have you looked for ammunition lately?????

i dont know what it is like else where in the us, but here in az, i can not find ammo for my pistol anywhere, and the cost has gone through the roof. It took me a week and a half to find ammo for my gun so i had ammo for home protection, felt kinda dumb after we went and fired both pistols, mine and my father in laws, and came home with two guns and no ammo. so if i had had a reason to use it i would have had to throw the gun and hope i hit what i aimed at

Guest blacksmith

it is the same way here I think it is $50 a box here now

People are worried the Obama administration will pass gun laws to restrict guns and ammo so people have been buying ammunition in bulk at a record rate. We have had a representative from Remington Arms come and inform us that there is no regulations on how much ammunition they can produce. He states their factory has been running 24/7 trying to keep up.

He states where people used to buy a couple of boxes now they by lots of a thousand.The rest is profit taking by the sellers.Reloading supplies are also in short supply.

So far all the gun legislation fears have been unfounded as Obama stated he will not take any ones guns away. However their has been some attempts by some states to change some of the gun laws but most to date have been unsuccessful.

New York state is at this moment making it illegal to own and firearm 50 cal or better.

And the current administration still has it on taps to press for gun control.

But ammo shortages are every where. Great for the manufacturer's and economy

Your best bet right now is to go online and try to backorder some ammo.  I have friends at the local Wal Mart where I used to work and they call me whenever it comes in (scored two 100 rd boxes of Winchester USA .38 Special ammo Sunday).  The panic-buying started the day after Election Day, and yep, some of the retailers are taking advantage of the demand and boosting prices.  The worst is Cheaper Than Dirt, they used to have good deals on ammo, but they were the first to nearly double the prices on their ammo.  I can still occasionally find good deals at these retailers:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/subcategory/subcategory.jsp?id=cat20726&navCount=0&parentId=cat602007&navAction=jump

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/browse/BrowseAmmoIndex.aspx

http://www.natchezss.com/ammo.cfm?category=3

Natchez will notify you by email when ammo they've gotten back in stock arrives.  Cabela's bulk ammo is almost always a great deal.  Sportsman's Guide usually has some good prices on ammo if you search and don't mind a longer backorder.

As far as new firearms legislation goes, be darn sure to contact your state and federal represenatives and Senators to let them know how you feel. 

Edit:  I forgot about Midway USA, they also will notify you via email when ammo or reloading supplies are in stock:

http://www.midwayusa.com/

oh believe me i have let our state gov hear how i feel, good thing i live in AZ an open carry state, there will be a major issue if they pass too strict of gun laws.  i was just wondering to make sure that it is not only here that ammo is in such short supply.  I am going camping in a couple weeks and want to make sure i have some plinking ammo for the weekend, but i dont want to make it so i have none at the house. so it is frustrating, i try to keep at least 200 rounds around but that has been hard to do. I still need practice with my gun but its hard to practice with no ammo.

Hoarding is going on big time, gun owners and shooters are our own worse enemy. This administration will go after guns as soon as they have everything else, which they are working hard at. Control The banks, The auto industry and the health care industry and what's left?