WildSurvive Forum
Bigblue

Crafter's Workshop

ask me about how dangerouse routers can be  :hugegrin:

well since no one else wil;l bite i will how dangerous can they be i all ready know but want to hear the story and nice seath rockey what fire steel is that

Great work, Rocky.  I can't wait to try it out.  That $2.00 knife from a garage sale will now be riding in style.  It might be an odd shaped design, but that knife will cut through a deer's sternum to spread the rib cage better than any other knife I have.

I do apologize if I was out of line and have taken your comments to heart.

well since no one else wil;l bite i will how dangerous can they be i all ready know but want to hear the story and nice seath rockey what fire steel is that

Razor can only count to 8 1/2 (unless he takes off his shoes...).

I do apologize if I was out of line and have taken your comments to heart.

No, you weren't out of line. I just take things differently which probably stems from my military experiences. It really was no big deal. But thank you for the apology. None needed, but appreciated all the same.

Razor can only count to 8 1/2 (unless he takes off his shoes...).

Oh, I still have a nice scar on my thigh from resting a running chainsaw on it.

Beautiful work brother, I missed the fight, sounds like it was a good one...

I can't wait to see a book cover video.

No fight lil' bro, just a difference of opinions. It happens.

Ok, so yes, the book cover is next on the list. I bought some video editing software (cause my acorn one sucked! using the free online software) and I'll be doing a good tutorial on that one. Hang tight!

i split my thumb in half lengthwise, ofg is wrong, i could count to 11 without taking my shoe off before they sewed it back together.  im lucky i got to keep it.

i split my thumb in half lengthwise, ofg is wrong, i could count to 11 without taking my shoe off before they sewed it back together.  im lucky i got to keep it.

man that was a big ooops glad you are ok

I keep forgetting... I knew it was one of those things.  I bet that helped out when you went hitchhiking though.

Guest smallgamehunter

hey rock your next leather craft project will be in the mail today or tomorrow

I need u to pm your address again i lost it

OMG! Taken! You posted in the crafters workshop! :woot:

Thanks everybody. It was a fun project. Not as challenging as the Rustcalibur sheath, but fun nonetheless. Also, my son wanted to learn so he was working on one for his knife as I was working with this project. We had some good "man talk". They're at a really fun age right now.

I wanted to share my latest project with the campies of wildsurvive. Actually, I say “my” project but actually, my son, Connor helped a great deal and hopefully LEARNED a great deal more.

I have to give Pat Percival of North Coast Knives a big thank you for providing this knife I purchased from his website.

http://www.northcoastknives.com/

Pat has some great knife blanks and some really great tutorials with pics and he even lets his customers in on some mistakes he made. Including one where he almost decapitated his cat! Thanks again Pat for the great projects!

This particular knife is called the “Caribbean” and it was a bit of a challenge because of the double bolsters. I used bloodwood for the fingering bolster and for the very first time I used corian (yes, the kitchen counter material).

Here it is posing for you!

IMG_8433.jpg

My son did ALL the stitching on the sheath, and he helped with shaping the handle and the polishing. He did quite a bit of work himself with my guidance.

IMG_8431.jpg

Here is one more shot of it.

IMG_8430.jpg

So here is a little drop point knife I picked up from North Coast knives. It’s called the “Sentry” and I liked it so much I picked one up for myself.  The one I’m working on currently is for my older son.

I experimented with some new adhesives (epoxy) and even tried a new “super” glue from Gorilla Glue.

IMG_8580.jpg

I also tried working with some black Corian (the kitchen counter top material from DuPont)

IMG_8581.jpg

Here I’m drilling out the holes for the pin stock. I used brass/stainless “loveless” bolts to go with the stainless blade and the brass bolsters.

IMG_8578.jpg

I also added a layer of red fiber stock on the inside of the scales. You can sort of see it here:

IMG_8582.jpg

So now it’s SANDING……

IMG_8593.jpg

FILING……………

IMG_8615.jpg

I also added a brass tube for a lanyard hole…..

IMG_8604.jpg

And the final product:

IMG_8617.jpg

IMG_8624.jpg

IMG_8626.jpg

Here’s my son holding is brand new knife!

IMG_8628.jpg