WildSurvive Forum
Bigblue

Crafter's Workshop

That's really good watcher! You have quite a big area for a design! Let me see if I can find some pics of a guitar strap I made. I backgrounded it with a "pear shader" and so it gave the leather a "pounded steel" look. Let me see if I can find it. Otherwise, great job my friend! She's going to love it!

All I got was a cake for my confirmation! I'm jealous now! :P

Here watcher, check out the background I did on the guitar strap. It was SO easy! If you want to learn how to do that let me know and I'll video a little how to and you tube it later tonight.

Picture002-1.jpg

My birthday is October 1st, your gonna make me a video for my birthday!?!?!? ;)

And yup, artificial sinew, I find it matches most all leather really well, and is super strong.  That sewing there took durn' near forever!

My birthday is October 1st, your gonna make me a video for my birthday!?!?!? ;)

And yup, artificial sinew, I find it matches most all leather really well, and is super strong.  That sewing there took durn' near forever!

Well, you'll have to pm me an address where I can send you a little care package.

Well, this was my project for the day.  These are a bunch of quotes I found while researching Carpe Diem (Thanks Rocky, carpe diem bro!) It was 102+ with the heat index, so I didn't feel like doing anything too strenuous.  Please forgive me if it looks like crap, I had so many problems with this plaque!  The flies refused to leave me alone, all day working on it!  The wood burner kept crapping out on me, and the stain took to the wood a little too well and turned it almost black, when normally it has barely and effect.  I took the torch to the sides hoping to make it a little more interesting...  Whatcha think?

carpediemplaque001.jpg

carpediemplaque002.jpg

carpediemplaque003.jpg

That's GREAT Watcher! You have one steady hand there my friend. That is certainly some good words to live by. I would take your time finishing this plaque because I have a feeling you'll want it close by, and within sight, through your years.

Kudos lil brother.

Um, I would add one personally for me.....

DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!

Well, there is no way for me to get the stain off of it, so I'm just going to have to live with it like it is unless I want to re-do the whole thing, and guess who doesn't want to do that! lol

Well I did deside to go with that design.  I figured I'd share my techneque for wood/leather burning.  It makes things REALLY EASY! 

First your start with your design like I posted, then on the back of the paper, shade the areas where the words and or designs are like so-

leatherburning002.jpg

Then tape your paper onto your media whether wood, leather, (I think it would work on metal...), etc.  Then go over the whole design with a pen, so it "etches" it into your media with the graphite on the paper. 

leatherburning003.jpg

After you do that you end up with something like this-

leatherburning006.jpg

leatherburning007.jpg

Then with around half and hour of work with the burner you end up with this-

leatherburning008.jpg

I'm not quite finished yet, I need to add more shading to the roses so they stand out better.  Also I am thinking of putting Live~Love~Laugh somewhere on the front, but I'm not quite sure where.  Maybe around the roses?  What do you think?

Get some bright red leather die on those roses and green on the leaves. That will brighten it up .

Damn Watcher, you have a talent there. Well done mate.

Oh Rocky, and you lol.

Joking aside great work by both of you.

Awesome, Watcher!  Emma's going to love it, sweetie.  You are doing an amazing job.  :yes: