WildSurvive Forum
Bigblue

Crafter's Workshop

hay watcher, it dosnt have to be fancy, just looking for a sheath for Ronins knife i made. you will do fine im sure. i know how busy youve been latly so i wont ask now but if you get some free time in the future you can pick the knife up sometime, no hurry though.

Its a different type of leather that i have Rocky.  It doesn't take tool at all. The leather is more like a suede...  Its think 8-10 oz but its not toolable. 

And I can do that for ya Razor.  I'm worried about cutting the stiching though, because last time my welt didn't work... 

Any experts have some advice?

Its a different type of leather that i have Rocky.  It doesn't take tool at all. The leather is more like a suede...  Its think 8-10 oz but its not toolable.  

And I can do that for ya Razor.  I'm worried about cutting the stiching though, because last time my welt didn't work...  

Any experts have some advice?

I tell you what Watcher, I'm going to put a basic sheath together for a small fixed blade, I'll use that as a tutorial. I'll you tube it in sections. In the meantime, I'll send you some leather that will work for your project. I'll walk you through the construction steps. Stitching is a piece of cake, just time consuming.

Razor, can you give me the dimensions of the knife (that you're going to let Watcher work on) or take a pic of it next to a ruler so I have an idea of what size leather to send Watcher.

Its a different type of leather that i have Rocky.  It doesn't take tool at all. The leather is more like a suede...  Its think 8-10 oz but its not toolable.  

Ok, that makes sense now, sounds like you have split hide, which wouldn't work for tooling well at all. I'll send you some stuff.

LOL! I don't want nothing lil' bro! Just your oath you'll teach someone your skills too one day. Pay it forward.

sure will, but what do ya want for the leather?

Oops! I thought this came from Watcher. :P But same goes for anyone. I have tooling hides all over my shop, I can part with some for a knife.

Ive got an idea for some tooling on the sheath watcher! Ronin likes transformers so maby you could put the decepticon symbol on it. that would rock!

Not to steal a project from watcher, but if it's ok with both you and watcher, if you send me that knife, I could use that to do a tutorial on. Watcher could use that for the blade he made for the little lady. That's a perfect size, and I could do a tutorial too on how to transfer pictures to leather. Just an idea to throw out there! It would be a 'pro bono' project too.

Sounds like an outstanding plan Rocky! pm me your address. if its alright with watcher? i still like the transformers logo idea though, my boy would love that. your awesome man, if there is ever anything i could do for you just ask. and don't worry, watcher and i are the type that always  "pay it forward" even when were broke :hugegrin:

Take a pic of it OFG, post it up and I'll give you a quote.

It's the Imperial I have posted over in the "Show us your knives" section.  I'll get another picture. I found it at a garage sale for a couple of bucks and it turns out to be a great blade.  Weird though, the sheath is a hard plastic/vinyle kind of thing.