WildSurvive Forum
Bigblue

Crafter's Workshop

Watcher that looks great! You keep that kind of work up and people will be standing in line for you to build something for them.

you know, i could really use a shelf like that for the gear room. if only i knew someone that could do that type of work for a good price :hugegrin:

Here was my shop project this year

randoms004.jpg

That is awesome, Watcher. Great job.  I'll trade you a guitar chord chart poster...

lol OFG, I think I'll pay cash mulah for that...

Razor, I did wanna make ya something for christmas, now I know what!  Maybe a little late but oh well.  I got a ?  Do you have 4 spent 12 gauge shells I can have?  With the metal still intact?

lol OFG, I think I'll pay cash mulah for that...

Razor, I did wanna make ya something for christmas, now I know what!  Maybe a little late but oh well.  I got a ?  Do you have 4 spent 12 gauge shells I can have?  With the metal still intact?

I can go spend 4 for you.  Any particular color of the shell? Brass or aluminum?

Or I could bring my 12 guage and you could "spend" them if you wanted to try out my shootin' iron.  How soon do you need them?

I was hoping for 4 brass ones, I have another project in mind... 

OFG, when it gets warmer, you and Razor and I need to head out to Matsells, camp, and hit the range!

I can check to see what I have.  I think I do have brass with red casing, if that works.

All I need is the actual brass at the end, the casing isn't the important part.

ive got pleanty so save you gas or your postage ofg. im only 3 miles from watcher. besides he needs to stop by and show mw his new super awsom camera. and we will get together at matsells for a weekend of fun, shooting, camping and hiking. its very convienent to do it all there

OFG, when it gets warmer, you and Razor and I need to head out to Matsells, camp, and hit the range!

I find expended brass 12 gauge all over the place. I use them as fire bow bearings. I'm sure I can dig up a handful if you want them.

Works for me!

Well, this is somewhat of a craft!

Geez! I finally figured out the mystery of the water coming into my house! I first had thought that the window fascia had come loose letting in water from the last few storms we had. So I start cutting out the drywall on the walls and ceiling, and then when I got upstairs, I saw it. There’s a ¾” copper water line running up the wall, it goes through the attic and down to the upstairs bathroom. Where the pipe comes through the top plate of the lower floor, is where the problem is. A nail had punctured the pipe when they installed the upstairs sub-flooring. The nail finally corroded away and then it started leaking. BUT…..the plumber burned a hole in the house wrap when they sweated a coupler on the pipe, so the leak not only came INTO the house, but it leaked on the outside too warping the exterior siding. So…the good news, I now know where the leak is coming from and it’s an easy fix. The bad news, well, the bad news is just that this is a BIG PAIN IN THE @SS!!!! So I “tented” the area and rented a dehumidifier to dry the whole area out, then I’ll get to replacing the sub flooring, the wood flooring, dry walling up the walls and ceiling, replace the wainscoting, plaster, sand, texture and last of all, repaint the whole thing. And here I thought my contractor days were over!

Here’s the downstairs wall, you can see the hole in the house wrap down below….that’s where the plumber burned the hole in it when he sweat the coupler on …..dumb@ss. 

DSCN2706.jpg

This is the source of the leak. Damn good I found it when I did before all this turned to dry rot.

DSCN2707.jpg

This is where the wall meets the floor joists. You can see how extensive the water damage was….

DSCN2705.jpg

Ok, I'm going to go up to my property and go drink beer and shoot some stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude it looks like 2+6 stud walls and 2+12 floor joists? Some body built the hell out of that house if Im right about what the picture shows. Around here especially with propane heat the furnace would dry that out pretty quickly. You may as well tear out the OSB its probably shot. One more reason I like genova over copper.

I would think a pipe that size would be the drain.

Damn bro, glad ya got that fixed up!  How did you learn whatcha know about construction?

LOL! I started framing when I was a few years younger than you lil bro. I grew up on a ranch and if it wasn't harvest season me, my brother and my dad were doing handy man jobs. I've built several houses in my life now, so I know a little sumtin about how it works. In this case, I didn't know what the problem was until I tore it all apart. If you know how the structure works, you can't break anything by tearing the "right" things apart. Spend your summer working with a home building contractor Watcher, you'll learn. This is one of those things you can't get "book smart" on, you just have to do it.

Dude it looks like 2+6 stud walls and 2+12 floor joists? Some body built the hell out of that house if Im right about what the picture shows. Around here especially with propane heat the furnace would dry that out pretty quickly. You may as well tear out the OSB its probably shot. One more reason I like genova over copper.

I would think a pipe that size would be the drain.

Yep, 2x6 framing with 2x12 floor joists 18 inches o.c. My house is a tank, except for crappy things like this. There isn't a "creak" in the house when we get a snow fall! Oh yeah, ALL the OSB is going to be torn out. I like copper, it works great and expands and contracts with hot and cold weather, but if you don't use the right flux when sweating it, that's where you'll get compromised. The dipsh*t that put this in hopefully is not doing the same work today. He should be asking "do you want fries with that" by now.

Here are a couple of projects I just finished up lately.

First is a wall hanging for the knife Kid Conteau made me.  It would rust if left in a sheath, and I didn't like it just sitting around, so....

projects012.jpg

And here is a sign I woodburned that I just finally got varnished.

projects013.jpg

Thanks Bro, you really helped me start though!

:blushing: you already had it in ya, i just had some tools. your crafting skills are already better than mine. i would love to have a copy of that plaque though. pm me a price. also you need to do one with the wild survive logo, ill bet everyone here would take one of those.