WildSurvive Forum
Bigblue

Crafter's Workshop

A couple months ago I aqcuired this old rusty cast iron tractor seat. I've always wanted one of these to build a stool for my work bench. I just got done welding the base up. While I was working on the base I had taken the old seat to a powder coating company to put a nice powder coat on it to stop the rusting. So even though I haven't paint the base yet......here's the fruit of labor! Enjoy!

IMG_7416.jpg

It has an adjustable height by pulling the pin and lifting it up or down. Just some square tubing with some gussets welded on for strength....

IMG_7417.jpg

and then I added a footrest cause for some reason, when you're sitting on a stool, you always want one foot up....don't know why, but just went with my gut.

~ Rockhounder, that chair looks like it could be the ultimate Carp Wranglers chair in England.... if you'd just add a Pole mount (Like Quint had in the movie JAWS), you might have yourself something that Princess Kate might want to buy her Prince come their first anniversary. :thumbup:  Sauder some big ole tacky jewels on it, and you'd have six thousand folks wanting to make replicas and sell them on QVC.    :P

LOL......uh, no, this is a one of a kind. But maybe I'll plop my pole (Swede will have something to say about that comment) in the pond for a giant bluegill to bite on.

here is the sheath watcher just made for my homade knife. i asked him to do a SOB for it and wow did he do a good job. he even threw in a mini fire steel. (a welcomed suprise) it rides perfectly, draws nice and re-sheaths easy yet holds it in place with no fear of it falling out. after 2 minutes of carrying it you dont even know its there and it doesn't hit your leg or poke you in the ribs when you sit down. i cant wait to run around the woods with this strapped on. I love it, thank you so much watcher.  :thumbsup:

So a friend of mine at work found out I do leather work. His wife is an avid reader of paperback romance books and has this fabric book cover that has a handle and a clasp on it. He showed it to me and it was all tattered up. He said he’s been looking for another one for her but can’t find one with both a handle and a clasp, just one or the other. So I told him to give me a couple weeks to come up with something. This is what I came up with.

IMG_7476.jpg

Here’s the SUCKY part! I ASSUMED his wife had his same last name…..so I went and carved a “JE” on it. Thank goodness I asked him before I assembled the whole thing, but still, I had to scrap the first one I spent about 4 hours on and start from scratch!

IMG_7473.jpg

I didn’t take a picture of it, but the inside is carved as well. She is totally into wolves so I put some wolf tracks on it and if you look on the middle of the handle, there is a wolf head. It didn’t come out so great, but no big deal.

IMG_7479.jpg

The whole perimeter is wrapped in a single loop with kangaroo lacing. It’s a little stronger and more pliable than calf hide lacing.

IMG_7478.jpg

I didn't even know this Crafter's Workshop was here!  gen140.gif

Here are some turkey calls I made.  One is made out of Cocobolo and the other is Bocote...I also made the strikers out of Hickory and corn cobs from the field.

The turtle call is not my work, but I wanted to show it off.  The wife got it for me for Christmas. :)

Cocobolo_double_sided_call...Slate_on_bottom_and_glass_on_top-b.jpg.27d046f148f346817cd15142ed767349.jpg

Cocobolo_glass_top-b.jpg.2c8fd09d51a23fa2d12360cec0fabbaf.jpg

I can decidedly say that THAT is the first "turtle shell" call I've EVER seen in my life!

Me too, the wife noticed I was looking at it in the computers search history and odered it for a Christmas gift...I WAS SHOCKED WHEN I OPENED IT!

Here is another one that a guy made up for me.  This ones made out of rock.