WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spetz

Looking for mid-size Backpack suggestions

So I need a new backpack. Currently I have a large 70L Asolo bag which is good but big I am looking for something smaller to take when I am using my trimmed down gear list. The main things it would hold is tarp, sleeping bag or woolblanket, jacket along with some other survival gear, possibly a Kayden water filter and a whisperlite. Water bladder support would be nice  :woot:

Pretty much I want something small form but can hold a bunch if I do choose to. Something like the Canadian small pack with removable compartments might be good. I am not sure if i should go with army surplus, after market military assault bag or something else all together.

So I am open to suggestion, picks of what you have/use would be awesome :salute:

Are you looking for something half as large?  I have a 35 liter pack from German military and holds a good selection of gear.  It's the German Mtn. Ranger pack and cost was under $30.00.  Carries pretty good too if you hold the weight under 20#.

I found a Camelbak Transformer listed in the Bargin Cave at Cabela's that I just ordered.  I like having the hydration back (this one will hold up to 3 liters) and is modular, with two additional compartments that can be added when needed.  I needed something a little bigger than the one I had so I'm looking forward to using this one.