WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bobimbob

Favorite hat?

Do you have a favorite go to hat for the bush?

What material do you favor for your hat?

What style of hat do you like the best?

This photo pretty much sums it all up.  It's a wool crusher that I picked up many years ago at a yard sale for $.25.  The shirt has worn out, the band was given to a friend in Washington and the bow has been sold, but I still got that hat. ;)

crusader001.jpg

For outdoor use I have a cotton "booney style hat with safety pins in the loops, extra shoe laces and a Raven feather to make me look daper. In winter it is a double knitted wool tuque.

No my favorite hat is one I had made at a PowWow, it says Mohawk and Proud. Got myself into a few altercations as I live in Anishnabee country and apperently they still hold a grudge. So I did the only thing I could do under the circumstances..... I got another one  with LARGER lettering :rofl: :woot: no point in losing such warm"feelings" :angel: :rofl:

What USED to be my favorite hat was this one with a turkeylurkey feather innit:

rattler.jpg

But the fargin MICE in my hunt camp trailer ATE PART OF THE BRIM!!! Jeez.

The Fabled PC (my long-suffering bride of these last 47 years) bought me a better one.  It is an Ow-strilian bush hat.  The upper part is mesh, so it allows airflow.  EXTREMELY comfortable!

crossbowdeer.jpg

Guest Lead Dog

I currently go out with a baseball cap.  I have a wool fedora-style hat, but it is way to warm most of the time.  My wife has a Gore-Tex Ultimate Hat that she likes.  I have been debating between purchasing one of those or a Filson packer hat.

Day to day, I wear a ball cap of some kind (got lots of 'em--I'm wearing my Margaritaville hat right now).  I have a boonie hat that I like alot, but my favorite is an old felt fedora that has aquired alot of character over the years...

I picked up another hat and it's gonna be my warm weather favorite.  It reminds me of a cap I wore back in the 60s.  Comfortable, keeps head cool and has a cool little cache inside.

eaglecap002.jpg

Guest adrenjunky

I currently go out with a baseball cap.  I have a wool fedora-style hat, but it is way to warm most of the time.  My wife has a Gore-Tex Ultimate Hat that she likes.  I have been debating between purchasing one of those or a Filson packer hat.

I love my Filson FILSONBushHat.jpg Can't get any better. :thumbsup:

Guest Lead Dog

AJ, is that their bush hat?  The color even matches my field jacket!

Guest adrenjunky

yeah, you can get the packer in shelter cloth also.

I usually were a woodland boonie or a baseball hat. If it is cold I will wear a knit hat.  I just bought a fleece hat (like a knit hat).  I haven't used it yet, so I am not sure about it.  Time will tell. 

A Windpro Extreme Hood in winter and a ballcap for summer (sometimes complimented with a bandanna.)

generally a ball cap, but i do enjoy and probably will like my cowboy hat alot during the summer here in AZ for the sun protection.