WildSurvive Forum
Swede

Weve Been Adopted By Mittins

Im dedicating this song to Mittins after his long day at the vets getting neutered>

Im re leaved to see Mittins up and running already this morning but he crashes pretty fast. Hes already demanded to go outside and he seems his happy self.    gen165.gif

Guest smallgamehunter

didnt take long.

moms cats were like that too they were lethargic the first day or so after then back to normal.

Still here and working on those nine lives thing. Hes looking for that bright red bug that runs on the floor and up the side of the refrigerator that no matter how hard he tries he cant catch it. (my lazer bore sighter)      :P    >

mittins002.jpg

Mittens pulled an all nighter last night so now hes crashed on the clothes dryer. I think Ill throw him out all day so he wont be cattin around all night.  :naughty:

If you  own or have ever owned a cat there is a whole series of cat cartoons that fit pretty well>

If you  own or have ever owned a cat there is a whole series of cat cartoons that fit pretty well>

That is my cat thru and thru....

After nearly 500 trips to the glass doors and looking out across the yard and calling out his name the mystery is over. I finally decided to search the neighbor hood for Mittins. Making a circle of his travels I finally came back to the dead end street the last street behind our house I saw a little girl and asked if she had seen him. She got a funny look on her face and said "well there was a black cat that got hit by a car and hes laying right over there".I knew I didnt even have to look. The neighbor said a few days ago some one late at night went down the hill and turned around a flew back out. He heard a loud thump and the car stopped then went on.

I knew Mittins loved his freedom to wander as he chose and I knew if he was alive he would be coming home and thats what he was trying to do.

Weve lost the best little friend I ever had and believe me its hard to type with so many tears in my eyes. We buried him in his favorite part of our back yard. He was doing what he liked to do.Go with God my little friend go with God.

cat003w.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Sorry to hear about your loss.  The wife and I have had dogs for so long that I think we've buried almost 10 over the years.  It never gets easier.  We bury them under trees and then for as long as the tree lasts we always feel like a tiny tiny piece of our friends live on in the wood and bark.  Pun intended with a wry sad grin.

Thanks Pete and Nuker very much. I have a huge hole in my heart tonight. Its amazing how much we miss the little guy. Its going to be a slow process getting over this but then it always was for me. I swore Id never have another pet but he walked into our lives. He had the same markings of a dog I had as a teenager on the farm.I called him Boots. We were inseparable. When ever I went to the timber he was always with me. After I got a new car and started chasing the girls I totally ignored him. I would hurry into the house so I wouldnt have to pet him even though he hurried to catch me. Eventually he left the farm and went to live with some other kids about five miles from our farm.

To this day Im ashamed of the way I treated him so when this stray cat came I thought OK Ill make up for my stupidity and take care of this guy.Some how I felt ordained to make up for that part of my life even though one day this animal might break my heart.

So do I feel like I evened the score? Not hardly. Right now I feel lower then whale shit.