WildSurvive Forum
Swede

Weve Been Adopted By Mittins

It struck me that I said almost 10....Slade, Glory, Poledra, Polgara, Little Polgara, Drax, Kheldar, Adara, and 7 puppies that didn't make it to naming.

So sorry to hear about Mittens Swede.... Its really hard to loose a loving pet almost as much as a human.... I know how they grow on us...

Sorry about Mittens, Swede.  It's hard loosing a pet, they do manage to get past those "walls" we put up to keep them from getting close.  I was in the same frame of mind when Chessie showed up at our door, but she made it perfectly clear she was home to stay.  Now she's my little buddy and I know how I'd feel if I lost her.  I'm truly sorry, my friend.

I am so so sorry swede about Mittens I didn't know him but I feel for you. I too know what you mean about not wanting a pet thats how I felt after Cuddles died then 4 years later when my dad's house burned down I took in 2 cats taz and I bonded right away and I told my dad I can't give him up so he gave me taz my mom is steamed with me but I love him and wont give him up. may Mitten run and play in Heaven he's waiting for you there just like Cuddles is for me if there is anything I can do let me know love ya swede :kiss:

Sorry to hear about Mittens, Swede; I'd be devastated if something happened to Buddy.  KB or someone mentioned that these little furry critters have the ability to get past the walls we put around ourselves and that was right on the money.  Maybe it's because they can't talk, so they can't criticize, suggest, complain, verball annoy or abuse us.  For the most part our pets just want to be taken care of by someone that cares and they want to return that affection, and it sounds like you, Mrs. Swede, and Mittens had exactly that, so treasure the memories and think of him often.

Steve

From one crusty old hardcase Alpha male to another:

You will feel a hundred times better if you make a trip to the nearest animobile shelter and acquire a new kitty.  

This one was a dead-ringer for Fuzzy Britches, my Maine Coon cat.

image001111wlo.jpg

FUZZYB.jpg

Now we have Fuzzy Girl... here she is giving my crossbow a sniffspection:

cross1.jpg

~ There are a LOT of older cats in shelters swede....  who would give their right paw to have a warm lap to curl up in, and would never want anything more. Many people going to shelters want a kitten.

But kittens are a handful.

Anyhow, I think Unca Walt has a good point. At least Mittens had the luxury of living the good life... a free life where he could choose to be wild, and also be a pet at the same time, living in a warm cozy home with people who loved him. Some cats live their entire lives behind bars. Sometimes we don't get the pets we want... we get the ones who choose us, and the ones who need us (for the time being.). Some cats are not free to choose, but would be ever so grateful for a home to live out their lives in...  :arigato:

Thanks every one and it gets a tiny bit better every day even though the tears are just waiting for some little reminder. Mittins would come in late at night because he had an open pet door to come and go as he pleased and I would hear him come through the house calling out for us. He would find us in bed and would jump up and lay on my fore arm and purr. If I didnt pet him back he would put his warm paw on my face. Sometimes he would be soaking wet and cold and wake me up fast. Then he would purr louder as I toweled him off with the wet cat emergency rag I kept in the head of the bed.He was a special little guy.

We miss him terribly.

Thanks Fat Guy. Im pretty sure were not going to go through this again. Im getten to soft in my old age.I knew letting him go walk about every night that some thing could happen so I decided to let him have his freedom even though I disprove of letting cats run loose. They cant tell the difference between a house sparrow and a scarlet tanager. However I think its cruel to make them live in a prison. Many dog owners love them as puppies then condemn them to a kennel or chain where they live in their own excrement waiting for affection and food and water for the rest of their lives.

Nope Ill just feed the birds and call them my pets.

~ well, cats have nine lives so while we're all grieving, Mittens is one-up on us all.  :thumbup:

Now....  who's gonna tell Unca Walt that it's illegal to keep a Puma as a pet in Florida?  :unsure:

(*snork*)

Maine Coon cats are huge.  And cuddly. They LOVE to be carried.  They also have "feathers" on their feet for walking on ice.  You can see the feathers on the rear foot, and the lower front foot.

image001111wlo.jpg

Fuzzy Britches' tail was eight inches ACROSS. 

Swede:  It ain't prison to a cat to be safe from Outside.  That is, as long as said cat has access to a fresh-air porch.  The gray Fuzzy lookin' at my crossbow simply will NOT go outside.  You can leave a door wide open... and she will stand there, looking out... and never step over the threshold.

Go git a cat.  There is a sekrit:  when you go to the animobile shelter, look for the one that walks over to you and climbs into your hands when you hold them out.  Bingo.

I don't think we should ever "pick out" a pet.  I believe that we should let the pet pick us out.

There is a golden retriever named Phoebe who is waiting for me.  I dreamed about this dog three times in one month, and I know beyond the shadow of any doubt that she is out there somewhere, waiting on me to come find her.  :yes: