WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Muddy Pete

Muddy Pete's fall vacation

So, I'm going on vacation in the fall. After Labor day.

I may go to Maine, Florida, North Carolina, Alabama or Colorado.I haven't decided. I may go somewhere completely differnt  I'm not sure what dates or how I'm getting there. I don't know what I'm taking with me. I just know I'll be on vacation.

The breeze is picking up.

Just throw some clothes in the car and drive. Those are FUN vacations! One of my favorite vacations was like that. I wanted to drive the Alaskan hwy but they turned me around at the Canadian border, (they're so gun shy!) It was either give up my .357 python or turn around. I turned around. Pointed east on 94, across Montana. Got to Glasgow, then south to Denver on 25 over Raton Pass, into Albequerque and back west on 40.

Super fun trip!

One thing I discovered on that trip. You always try to pack EVERYTHING you'll need. On this trip, I went against my better judgement, packed very light and discovered that you can BUY anything you forgot!

Hope you have a fun time, whatever you do Pete.

I'm a camera nut. This year I was looking into a camcorder. I suffered a terminal case of cunsumer information overload. Thats suits me fine as it's one less peice of gear to worry about.

I have a few weeks to figure it out.

I'm with rockhounder, throw the stuff you'll need in your car and head out.  Myself, I'd  suggest the toss of a coin for direction of travel and then take off.  Choose gear carefully so that you have a good selection for the different terrain and weather conditions.

I still haven't figured out where I'm going. Probably south, not Texas (Chainsaw people live there :() I did however finally upgrade my GPS handheld after 8 years. 2 weeks and counting down.

Come to Illinois....... There are more tourist sites in the state of Illinois  then any other state in the union.....

We also have a National Forest at the bottom of the state, where the ice-age ended and carved out beautiful deep rock canyons.

Plus............ you could meet the owner of this site and a few of us other members.....  :hugegrin:

Go west young man.  :hugegrin: Try something new.

Or go to the Falling Leaves Event in Oct down in Ga.

North western Wisconsin has some pretty wild places but this time of year the mosquito is the state bird.

Well the spot on the wall can mean a trip overseas. I think you should attend the falling leaves event. Or go down to NC and hang out with Joezilla for some dirt time.

One week to go. Today, I shot blow gun darts at the map. Wisconsin, Georgia and a spot on the wall next to the map. Oops :D

:rofl:  I think you should go there...to an unknown spot off the map!

I decided to go back to Acadia National Park in Maine. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop over in Boston. Maybe Cape Cod.

A'yuh, the way it should be.