WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bobimbob

Armed in the wilderness

With in 40 yards and closer a shot gun is an awesome weapon. From bird shot to slugs. A load of 00 buck in the face will stop a lion. A 12 ga. deer slug will kill a grizzly bear.

Guest blacksmith

yes and it will stop them fast got one at 50 feet on the last shot

Couple of nice looking sidearms Kentucky Bob.  I used to carry a Ruger .45acp, but recently picked up a Bersa Thunder .380acp and compared to the .45, it is lite and compact, so I opted to carry it instead.

P1040300.jpg

Couple of nice looking sidearms Kentucky Bob.  I used to carry a Ruger .45acp, but recently picked up a Bersa Thunder .380acp and compared to the .45, it is lite and compact, so I opted to carry it instead.

P1040300.jpg

IMHO, Bersa is one of the most underrated brands on the market. 

I agree, the Argentines make some really good fire arms, and the Bersa is an awesome tool, F.M. makes a great version of the hi-power also.

The Bersa is certainly a sweet shooter.  Accurate off hand out to 25 yards, which is the furthest that I have shot this pistol.  With top notch ammo, it's very adequate for SD.

My friend just picked up a Bersa.  I am actually kicking one around myself.  Seems like a nice piece for the price.  I am researching them now.

As the Argentines were once colonized by Briton their firearms are the same. They make their own in-country now, the Bersa is basicly a Walther...,handles and shoots just as well. With the exception of the magazine safety I like their F.M. Hi-Power just as much as the ones made in Begium. I could put thirteen out of thirteen center-mass at eighty yards with it consistantly. I'd love to check out their version of the L1-A1 some day.

The biggest problem I am hearing about them.....you can't find them.  I guess once they hit the stores they are GONE!. 

Some writeups I've read say that the .380 from Bersa is actually more like the Beretta.  It doesn't bite the hand that feeds it like the Walther does and has a lot of quality built into it.  Much easier to field strip as well and they come with a lifetime warranty for the original owner.  I did my research for this pistol at BersaTalk, which is a forum for Bersa and Keltec, as well as any other firearm. 

Here's a look at the wifes .380.  This one is known as the duotone, as opposed to mine which is the matte finish and her's has the original grips that it comes with.  I added the Bersa wrap around grips later.

P1040216e.jpg

Guest blacksmith

that gun would get me killed up here it may make the bear mad and I do not think I can run the fast happy097.gif

Guest blacksmith

yeah just had to joke about how fast that would get you killed if you shot a bear with that and my ten gauge would not be good down there I bet the cops would not be happy to see it at all 

Yeah, I don't think that I would want to tackle a bear with my .45, let alone a .380.  Never had much concerns with bear, even in the Sierra's. 

Guest blacksmith

up here it is the one thing you have to think of all the time they have been on the docks even

up here it is the one thing you have to think of all the time they have been on the docks even

Well if you didn't leave a trail of berries for them they would stay off the dock happy097.gif

Guest blacksmith

yeah but I do not want to pack him back he can walk then you shot him just at the bull rail  happy097.gif

Guest blacksmith

in my unit for nonresidents one black bear open season sept 1 -jun 30 in some unit you can get three bear and no closed season  :cool:

Guest blacksmith

oh I forgot the tag and that is the one that hurts $225 per bear you can hunt black bear brown bear bison caribou dall sheep dear elk moose mountain goat muskox wolf and wolverine but the tags are going to $$$ you

Guest blacksmith

yes it is good if you get them in the spring before the fish and yes it dose make good jerky

Well..., it may make you laugh but around here I can feed and defend myself (from natural preditors)pretty well with my old .22 bolt action rifle being my only firearm.

Guest blacksmith

yeah you can people have killed moose with them