WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
KentuckyWoodsman

Fly Fishing?

ive got 18 rainbows over the past2 weeks on my fly rodd, all were over 2 pounds.......

my wee man got a couple himself, his first rainbows ever

A rainbow or even a small mouth bass will out fight a large mouth. Rainbows fight like a tiger especially in fast current.

over have of the ones i landed this week must have been in the circus, a couple cold nights gets em jumping...

the reason LMB give a better fight than a trout is because they go down, and they are smarter. bass tend to take it and dive bomb for the bottom usually giving the feel that they are bigger then they actually are.  they also use objects around them to get off the line, like going under logs and around rocks. 

if you happen to catch a trout in the tail then it will be much more of a fight than a bass. if you have ever done this on a fly rod you know what i mean. the best thing i can compare it to is trying to haul in a rock attached to the end of your fly line. 

O and i caught 3 rainbows and 4 browns last week when i was at Panguitch. i haven't written the trip report yet, but i did walk away ..... .... ... crawl away with a busted foot.   :D

Guest smallgamehunter

i have caught trout crappie bluegill and largemouth bass on a fly rod

I caught a 5lb largemouth on a 5wt rod and reel with a 5x leader  thats like hooking a largemouth on a ultralight rod and reel using 2lb test  it made for a very sporting fight.

I flyfish alot of local farm ponds that have some huge bluegill and largemouths