WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
theking648

Jug Sling Hitch Tutorial

Once i figured this hitch out a few months ago i vowed to make a better tutorial then the ones I tried to learn from... so I hope this doesn't confuse anyone.

the first step is to take a considerable bite of rope like in the picture below

step_1.jpg

Next grab the top of the loop and fold it down. and create dog ears.

step_2.jpg

Now take the pink loop and pass it behind the blue loop

step_3.jpg

Next take the pink loop inside the blue loop and fold it over like a folding a piece of paper. also make sure to keep the "A" shape in the center, this is important for the next step

step_4.jpg

Now take a bite of rope on the green section and pass it under the pink on the left side of the "A" but take it over the second part of  the pink loop like in the picture below

step_5.jpg

Ok here's the confusing part. you're going to pinch the yellow sections together and grab the black section with your other hand.  now your going to take that black section behind everything and pull it down (study the before and after pictures)

step_6.jpg

whew. the hard part is over..  now take the yellow section  and pull down so the loop on the left twists out. and looks like the picture below

step_7.jpg

now just pinch the black dot on the top loop with one hand and pinch the others on the bottom with the other hand and pull.

step_8.jpg

DONE! now be careful, once you pull the strands the become very very tight and the only way to reverse it is to pull on the loops.

I was spinning this jug around in circles, again the harder you pull the tighter it gets and took some time with a screwdriver to pull it off.

PICT0335-1.jpg

if there are parts that you don't get let me know and i'll try to clean it up.

Got it... nice knot. Question... when you are holding the bottle as it is hanging there... are you holding the loop end? Its hard to tell from the pic.

I need another picture, and a close up of the last pic. I'm having trouble connecting the next to the las pic with the last one.

Need one after the black dot picture? After that the loop is there it just needs to be tightened up... or is before that? I see a few parts that I need to improve on, I'll work on it when I get back from taking my final.

Let me know.

Got it... nice knot. Question... when you are holding the bottle as it is hanging there... are you holding the loop end? Its hard to tell from the pic.

I think so, I just tied the loose end up to lvl it out.