WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
KentuckyWoodsman

Channel Lock Rescue Tool 89

My wife and kids got me  a Channel Lock Rescue tool 89 for Christmas. I can see where it would be very handy to keep around the house or in a vehicle. It has a glass breaker, spanner wrench, cable shear, pry bar, and gas valve wrench.

rescue89full.jpg

edited to add image

I like the look of this tool, very useful shame they are not available in the UK.

My wife and kids got me  a Channel Lock Rescue tool 89 for Christmas. I can see where it would be very handy to keep around the house or in a vehicle. It has a glass breaker, spanner wrench, cable shear, pry bar, and gas valve wrench.

rescue89full.jpg

edited to add image

It's not handy if you lock it in the car with your purse, keys, and cell phone!  :hugegrin:

I like the look of this tool, very useful shame they are not available in the UK.

Is that a not-so-subtle hint, my friend?  :grin:

Is it just unavailable or is it for some reason illegal there? Big difference as friends can remedy the unavailable part...the illegal part is a horse of another color.

Its is not illegal here. I just don't think its available that i am aware off. The tooling would have to be redesigned for the UK market to fit our Gas valves and hose couplings.

Our Fire hydrant's are underground, you need a large squire spanner to fit them but unless you have access to hose reels you have no need to open them. Most modern domestic gas meters have a handle on the cut off. The older ones don't have the handle so you need a handle or a tool that has a rectangle slot cut into it but its a smaller slot that on your gas mains.

Its is not illegal here. I just don't think its available that i am aware off. The tooling would have to be redesigned for the UK market to fit our Gas valves and hose couplings.

Our Fire hydrant's are underground, you need a large squire spanner to fit them but unless you have access to hose reels you have no need to open them. Most modern domestic gas meters have a handle on the cut off. The older ones don't have the handle so you need a handle or a tool that has a rectangle slot cut into it but its a smaller slot that on your gas mains.

I'm surprised no-one has come out with a variant for the UK, there are a couple of different types over here.

There are rescue tools designed for the UK market, they just aint that common. they are mainly available from places that supply the fire brigade.