WildSurvive Forum
woodman

What is the ' Worst ' thing that ever happenned to you !!

What a disaster... :help:

Scouts in Canada are uniting to give a hand and take donations in support of the 30,000 scouts in Haiti

http://www.scoutsducanada.ca/documents/Solidarite_Haiti/Urgence-Seisme-Haiti_affiche_8.5x11.pdf

Keeping in mind that it could happen here - or anywhere on earth, we must prepare well in advance and learn (as Swede mentioned)

gen165.gif

Woodman

A lot of the folks in Haiti are already used to living with very little.  One report that I saw on tv stated that 70-80% of the population are living within the "poverty" level, and overall about 50% of the population are living in "abject poverty".  Tin shacks and firepit cooking are what many are used to, so I think that scrounging shelter is something they may be able to cope with given a chance.  The hard part will be securing food, clean water, and medical attention. 

Ill post this here even though there may be a better place plus Ive said this before.

Watch closely how this event goes forward. From what we can see on the news channels will be some of the very things we could face if it happens in our area.Watch the shelters spring up and how the victims adapt to the changes. See if we can learn how they cook,clean,gather water,defend them selves and cope with massive population trauma. How long before the bullets start flying and riots break out and what we can learn to avoid those problems.

Urban survival will be our greatest challenge we could face.

~ that sounds like the Walmart parking lot on Black Friday!   :scared:  scared011.gif

~ Ok....  one of the worst things I can think of JUST happened to me. I became SEVERELY dehydrated super fast last Friday. I was rendered useless within twenty minutes by a horrific stomach virus.  :sad:

I lost over a gallon of fluids within an hour. I had NO gatorade at home, and my husband was out of town. I couldn't stand up without fainting, and water wasn't making me feel any better. I felt like I was dying.  Every muscle in my body was cramping, and even my chest hurt.  I knew I needed electrolyte replacement fluids. I remembered I had a recipe on the inside of my kitchen cabinet I had taped there long ago. I asked my son to make it. He did. And within thirty minutes, I quit fainting, and I started feeling like I wasn't going to die.

You NEVER know when illness will strike you, and you may be the ONLY one who can drive (only you can't). It always pays to be prepared.  :thumbup:  I've NEVER had a stomach virus take me down that quick. It was very scary.

That sounds more like food poisoning Taken. I saw my grandmother go through that on time on a chicken pot pie she ate as a left over. I have never seen any one get so sick in just a matter of a few hours. She might have died if the doctor hadnt come to the farm house.

Have had my heart ripped from my chest before. Not a good feeling. Could have been worse for the other guy if he had come out and took the beating I wanted to give him.

Awwwwww....Tatonka! :console:  I think we've all had that feeling at least once in our lifetime.  :yes: 

I remembered I had a recipe on the inside of my kitchen cabinet I had taped there long ago. I asked my son to make it. He did. And within thirty minutes, I quit fainting, and I started feeling like I wasn't going to die.

What is that miracle recipe that cured you so quickly Taken...

What is that miracle recipe that cured you so quickly Taken...

It didn't "cure" me....   It just cured my dehydration issues.  :whistle: 

(Dehydration can kill). When you are vomiting or having severe diarrhea, you can't just drink Water. Your body is losing way more than just water. You are losing electrolytes too. When you loose too many electrolytes your muscles quit working (even your heart).  8|

Here is a basic Oral rehydration recipe every "survivor" needs to keep on hand for emergencies. (This can be found on the World Health Organization website.) Children and infants are especially in danger of dehydration when vomiting or having diarrhea. This is the same thing as pedialyte... (only cheaper). and you probably have these ingredients on hand.

1 liter of water (you must measure accurately, if in doubt... use more water NOT less)

1/2 teaspoon Salt

1/2 teaspoon Salt Substitute (Potassium Chloride)

1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda

2 Tablespoons of sugar  (NO MORE than 2 tablespoons! Any more sugar can make diarrhea worse.

mix all of these ingredients in the water until dissolved. Pour over ice.

You can also add any sugar free flavoring ... just make sure its sugar FREE. Such as crystal lite, or sugar free koolaid.

Mix the dry ingredients in the water until completely dissolved. Pour over ice, and take small sips until you feel better.

I married my first wife!  :ranting:

Been trying to decide how to participate in this thread....

Think I'm going to go with this one too....

Well, there are lots of things that happenned to me...

I got chased out of a field by a mad bull...... Good thing I was able to dive tru a gate hole.  gen165.gif

I believe you Woodman I was born on a farm and have been chased by bulls, cattle, sows, horses, roosters, turkeys,and geese. Ever been bitten by a goose? It leaves a bright purple mark.  :help:  Flogged by a turkey or rooster with spurs.   scared011.gif  Kicked or bitten by a horse.    :scared: Kicked by a cow?   :dead: Life aint easy for a boy livin down in the boondocks.   doh.gif  It might be why Im mentally retarded to this day  taunt12.gif

This should probably be in the "What's the stupidest thing you've ever done" thread; but here goes:

I was about 5 years old and Mr. Knife wanted to meet Ms. Electrical Wall Socket. I'm still here, that's about all I can say.

When I was 19 or 20 I wrecked my 3 wheeler goin down a hill and screwed my shoulder up.Had to ride the 3 wheeler out of the woods (at least a mile or 2) with my shoulder in severe pain.Glad I was with my brother or I might still be layin there.

8|

Those are some stories..... any more out there ??? whip.gif

Here is one that I just remembered....

I left the trail to investigate the woods near by and decided to stop and lean my arm against a big tree for a second or two...just to take a rest.... :yes:

Looking at where my hand was.... from the corner of my eye...it appeared to be moving.... scared011.gif

Behold, millions of bees in a getaway swarm was inches away from me ...  gen165.gif

I back off.....slowly and as quietly as I could  :whistle:.....and... kept looking at my friendly pack of killer bees...

I managed to get away without harm... gen165.gif