WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Muddy Pete

EDC clothes

Survival hat. Parachute cord, Orange match case with strike anywhere matches and heavy grit sand paper glued to the lid. I also keep a sewing needle inside.

P1270073.jpg

P1270074.jpg

These are called Coalition scarves. They're 42"x42" cotton. Lots of uses besides playing Lawrence of Arabia. 

P1270075.jpg

These are called Coalition scarves.

Your coalition scarves real name is Shemagh or Ghutra they are often held on the head with a black cord called an Igal.

A good bit of kit for desert environments. Do a search on goggle to find ways to wear them. 

Your coalition scarves real name is Shemagh or Ghutra they are often held on the head with a black cord called an Igal.

A good bit of kit for desert environments. Do a search on goggle to find ways to wear them. 

I keep a white/black shemagh as well. They're really good for cold weather as they let the moisture from your breath out while keeping warmth in much better than wool or cotton does.

http://bepreparedtosurvive.com/Product%20Review%20-%20SolaTec%20AeroVest.htm

SolaTec Aerovest. Mine disappeared and just (today) turned up. I took it out  to try it out. I didn't really get a good feel for how well it works in cold windy weather because it was 60 degrees out and sunny. HAPPY NEW YEAR! Obviously I'll have to take it back out.

It's a reflective space blanket made into a vest. Neat idea, a heat reflector blanket, and windbreak without having a full sized blanket in the way of doing camp chores or running for your life.

One thing that does concern me is that it doesn't breath. Soooo condensation built up inside it, making the vest wet and clammy. Not something I want to have happen in freezing temperatures.   

PC310039.JPG.fe49b81af81ae1a961ebd5b41f3c4a14.JPG

I misplaced the little tubes that come with the vest so I couldn't inflate it. I'll work on that problem. I'm thinking you could turn it inside out and wear it like a torso sized signal mirror. I wore mine outside my windbreaker because it fit better and reduced the gawd awful crinkling noise

#%$%% camera timer. The vest does not make you turn invisble like Predator

PC310040.JPG.6e26b383ce68c3575cfa1e0befd4d2f3.JPG

PC310041.JPG.30ef8e3a782ac50aaaa17c9d9d717c45.JPG

PC310043.JPG.efb14ba875f6a8d7280859eb5c53a7da.JPG

PC310044.JPG.2e68bfc21fdf7812451c225dbe75bcf0.JPG

An interesting vest. Thanks. Muddy.

I believe the ports for inflating the vest will work with an ordinary straw. I'll add that to the Wednesday list. FYI this thing is not stealthy. Crinkle crinkle crinkle

I thought this would good for kids. It's a standard bandana with survival notes printed on it. I'm going to make an office survival bandana. Mine would say coffee, coffee, coffee, I NEED COFFEE.

P1250047.JPG.62c48acca381256c426988f52edfe4fd.JPG

Survival hat. Parachute cord, Orange match case with strike anywhere matches and heavy grit sand paper glued to the lid. I also keep a sewing needle inside.

P1270073.jpg

P1270074.jpg

These are called Coalition scarves. They're 42"x42" cotton. Lots of uses besides playing Lawrence of Arabia. 

P1270075.jpg

Looking good man. Where'd you get that stuff?

Looking good man. Where'd you get that stuff?

The boonie hat was and the orange match case were from Wal-mart. The firestarting tool in the safe was from survival.com. The scarf was from Sportsmans guide.