WildSurvive Forum

Well this past weekend me and my son Matthew went on his first camping trip ! It was cold and rainy Friday and it rained all night but he still had a great time ! Here's some pics enjoy !

This is Matthew in his cub scout uniform

s7301399b.jpg

As you can see it's been raining for a while , we were the second people there setting up

s7301400.jpg

This is me at about 3 am  when i felt my sleeping bag getting wet , tent was leaking pretty bad so it was a long night . Luckily it wasn't leaking on Matthews side so he got a good nights sleep !

s7301404.jpg

Finally morning !

s7301407.jpg

s7301409.jpg

s7301411.jpg

First thing he wanted to do was go fishing !

s7301421.jpg

The campsite

s7301429v.jpg

After breakfast they did a basic compas course which he did really good on !

s7301450z.jpg

Aftre that we went on a 2.5 mile hike , i have tons of pics for that . I'll make a post on it as soon as i get time . After the hike i decided to put up my other tent mainly cause it was dry and it was supposed to get near freezing Saturday night .

s7301534.jpg

As you can tell we had a great time , i have more pics and i'll post them as i get time

No rain here just snow ass deep. Lucky you with the rain. We dont need anymore mud but Im sick of dirty snow.

Great time- and Ive been in leaking tents and its a looooong night. Im glad your boy had a great time. Theres nothing like the sound of rain on a tent.  sleep022.gif

LOL!That is such a classic pic of you tsegura! What parents go through for thier kids! :P Great pics! I can so RELATE with ya! They'll remember these moments for the rest of thier lives. Kudos my friend!

Well glad you had a good time. Get yourself a tarp to put over the tent that will help. Problem with tents that don't have a full cover rainfly. A tarp will help solve that problem. And you can set it up that you can have a awning in front so you can sit under it also.

Great photos Travis! Building some last lasting memories there. Matthew looks great in his uniform, and looks very happy! Good thing you had a plan B. I'm guessing fire starting was a challenge. Looking forward to the other pics!

Well i finally had time to post some more pics . The first one is early on Saturday morning after the rain stopped , no one wanted to try to start a fire cause it was all wet so i gave it a shot

s7301432.jpg

I split some wood to get to the dry center , i used some fatwood and hand sanitizer to get it going

s7301434.jpg

s7301439.jpg

s7301440.jpg

I finally got the fire going good but my batteries sied in my camera so i don't have any more pics of it

We really enjoyed the day we did a simple compass course , went fishing and went on a 2.5 mile hike ( i'll post those in the hiking section )

s7301449.jpg

s7301453.jpg

s7301546.jpg

s7301547.jpg

Sunday norning it was COLD temp was around 34 degress , had ice on the tent !

s7301569.jpg

s7301571.jpg

s7301576k.jpg

s7301592.jpg

It was a cold and wet weekend but we had a great time ! Can't wait for the next campout ! Enjoy !

Looks like it was a great trip, glad to see that knife is getting some use.

s7301440.jpg

I finally got the fire going good but my batteries died in my camera so i don't have any more pics of it

If you had split about half of these in half or into thirds it would have taken off a little quicker.

Looks like it was a great trip, glad to see that knife is getting some use.

If you had split about half of these in half or into thirds it would have taken off a little quicker.

Yep love the knife it gets alot of use !. I got a little inpatient splitting the logs but i paid for it , it took a while for those to get going .

What wonderful pictures, tsegura!  :hug:  Your boy is adorable!  I'm so glad you guys had such a successful camping trip. 

I had to laugh about you waking up cold and wet in the middle of the night.  I think it's an ancient curse for parents to always get the side of the tent that leaks!  :rofl:

~ That pic of you in the middle of the night is classic!   :thumbsup:  Camping in the rain is a challenge! It was POURING when Holly and I went camping, but we're both such optimists that we just made it into a bigger adventure.  :hugegrin:

They say a picture is worth a thousand words...    (obviously true!)  happy097.gif

thanks for sharing.  :peace:

Great photos - that looks like fun :) and good job on the fire in those conditions

They didn't capture me yet :D you know what they say: if you are not paranoid that doesn't mean they aren't following you. :)

Final stretch at college - its really hectic, I don't have time for anything; I will finally be done with it in one month. Most boring 3 years of my life heh

The good news is that I may come to Canada in about a year or so :) I would REALLY like to meet with some of you (not all) :P

Well one more week and we get to go on another campout ! It was supposed to be a few weeks ago but got canceled due to some severe weather passing through . I'll be sure to post pics !