WildSurvive Forum

Well...a lot has been going on in my life lately...I've been under a lot of pressure and had a lot running through my head. Today was a good day to just get out for a bit, go for a long walk...clear my head, and look at the color coming back into the world. So...I took a loooong walk along a creek at the bottom of Signal Mountain.

IMG_3067.jpg

It was great to see the new beginnings of spring!

IMG_3068.jpg

next autumn those will look like this.

IMG_3069.jpg

All the recent rains have the creek flowing pretty well right now.

IMG_3074.jpg

IMG_3075.jpg

IMG_3076.jpg

IMG_3080.jpg

IMG_3090.jpg

Bug on a bloom beside a babbling brook :)

IMG_3070.jpg

At one time I would have seen this as a possible resource, and most likely I would have taken it home and added it to the collection. However in recent years there has been some much in the news about contaminated containers involved in meth production I would advise against opening anything like this around here unless you had no other choice.

IMG_3077.jpg

I think maybe this was done by Pileated Woodpeckers, there were a couple in the immediate area...their call is unmistakable.

IMG_3078.jpg

IMG_3086.jpg

Whatever these are, there are a lot of them popping up.

IMG_3079.jpg

IMG_3087.jpg

IMG_3105.jpg

There were some nice pools to it beside and chill.

IMG_3097.jpg

IMG_3091.jpg

This rock looked like a comfortable seat (and it was) so that's where I stopped and had a snack.

IMG_3092.jpg

Nice view too.

IMG_3096.jpg

I ate my tuna with a somewhat expensive, micarta handled spoon because I have somehow misplaced my spork.

IMG_3100.jpg

Ever find yourself wondering about the food regulations in other countries...?

IMG_3101.jpg

Here's a question for you...which would likely be safer to drink as is, the rain water collected in a pool on the rock?

IMG_3098.jpg

Or, the water the rock is in?

IMG_3099.jpg

Great pictures. I wish we had scenery like that around here.

The water in the spring time (I am guessing) would be safer to drink I would think because of the cold weather and it being less likely that micro biology could grow. That fast moving cold stream would be less likely to contain bad bugs than the puddle but again thats a guess.

Thanks for your effort.

Great pics Misty. I do enjoy long solitary hikes like you do, and I can appreciate the medicinal value they have on the body and soul. Thanks for sharing Bro!

Thanks guys, glad you liked the pics, I know the hike did me a world of good just to get out away from things for a while. I'm wondering how much greener things will be by next weekend.

Nice pics i loooove the creek pics , we don't have that here!

Thanks T .I know...the creeks here was one of the things I really missed when I lived down there...but now that I've been back here for several years I am really missing a lot of things from the gulf. I was talking to my dad last night, he lives in Tampa and was bragging about having smoked mullet and grilled shrimp for dinner just because he knows those are two of my favorites.

Thanks T .I know...the creeks here was one of the things I really missed when I lived down there...but now that I've been back here for several years I am really missing a lot of things from the gulf. I was talking to my dad last night, he lives in Tampa and was bragging about having smoked mullet and grilled shrimp for dinner just because he knows those are two of my favorites.

Love seafood ! Crawfish are cooming into season , crawfish boil soon !