WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Swede

Eleven Year Old Missing Girl Found

WINTER SPRINGS, Fla. (AP) — A missing 11-year-old central Florida girl with Asperger syndrome was found alive on Tuesday, four days after she disappeared into an alligator-infested swamp a half-mile from her suburban home.

Nadia Bloom was taken to a hospital in nearby Longwood, Fla., where she will be evaluated and treated for dehydration and insect bites, said Winter Springs Police Chief Kevin Brunelle.

"If I never believed in miracles, I sure do now," Brunelle said during an afternoon news conference.

Brunelle said Nadia told rescuers two things: "I'm glad you guys found me" and "I can't believe you guys rescued me."

Her sister has said Bloom, who has an autism-related disorder called Asperger syndrome, may have gone into the dense woods hoping to make a nature video.

It took nearly two hours for rescuers to carry Nadia out of the thick brush and swamp. It wasn't police who located her. James King, who goes to church with Nadia's family, found her Tuesday morning in a dry patch in the middle of the swamp and called authorities.

King climbed a tree and unfurled toilet paper in an attempt to draw attention to where they were.

Brunelle said he dispatched a helicopter to look for King and Nadia, but it didn't work.

Using cell phone signals, authorities found King and Nadia.

"Mr. King is a hero right now," said Brunelle. "He led us to her."

Brunelle added that detectives are questioning both King and Nadia for more details on the rescue and how the little girl spent her time while she was missing.

Brunelle did say that Nadia told them that she had not talked to anyone since going into the woods on Friday.

Authorities began searching for Nadia in wooded areas near Lake Jesup, one of the most alligator-filled lakes in Central Florida. The fifth-grader was last seen riding her bike on Friday, and authorities became alarmed when they found her bike and helmet. She did have a backpack with her.

Shortly after word came that Nadia was alive, her father briefly spoke to the media.

"It all came so fast and it just shows the compassion of the human spirit. It should give everybody encouragement," her father, Jeff Bloom, told reporters after rescue crews lifted her into an ambulance.

When asked how he felt, Bloom said: "I can't even describe it. Let's give the glory to God."

Guest smallgamehunter

speaking from a SAR standpoint kids are the hardest missing people to find because they dont sit still and often hid in or under whatever they can find.

there was media coverage of this on a morning radio show this morning and they were poking fun at the fact that mr King said he prayed in tongues to find the young lady.  i find it extremely sad for people to make fun of what they dont understand

I follow no particular religion but Im afraid what the man was trying to say is you have to listen to your inner voice. If you dont stop and clear or ignore all the noise your brain is making you wont hear that inner voice. I cant explain it but Ive done it a few times in my life. When all other reason seems to be against it force your self to listen. I have no clue how it happens but it does some times.

I think the best way to explain it Swede is spiritual energy. All the old native people talk about it. It is part of there ceremonial belief and there everyday lives. Even the old religions talk about it and although the Christian faiths don't like to admit it, they talk about it when the talk about the heart.

Another way of putting it, is being in the heart space opposed to the head space. Anyone that has ever stalked a creature and felt at one with it will know the feeling.  We use it when dowsing for water and energy tacking.

Modern religions seem to be trying to rationalise these feelings and try to say if you feel this then you are a believer but the real troth everyone can with some relaxation practice move from the head space and the heart space. The fact is if you have stalked that creature and found that inner calm you know that you can be at one with all living creatures on this planet without having to try and justify it to yourself or others. 

The guy that found this girl was comfortable in going into his heart space and letting his or her energy guide him, it does not matter how he gets himself into his heart space, whether its talking in tongues or squeaking out of his ass. The fact is he feels the energy guided him as it has guided many people, that in itself is not a miracle. 

Creatures are the same with me. All of my life Ive had people say to me "How did you get past our dog he usually wont let any one near the house" or " How come when you come over to our house our dog/cat comes right up to you when he wont get near strangers"?

It seems the same with horses in a pasture they seem to come right up to me. I have no idea why but I do treat animals on their own terms and passively ignore them an let them come to me.

I have a hunting buddy who has had hunting dogs all his life, mostly beagles, and has never bonded with any of them. Its "Come on Yippie"(he calls all of his dogs Yippie. When one dies the next one is Yippie) "Here Yippie" "Over here Yippie"  :nono:  I say let the animal have some space and let him do his thing. He knows where your at you couldnt lose him if you wanted to.

I have been aware of this spiritual energy as some call it but I think that it was programed into us before birth, its a mystry to me for the most part.