WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
theking648

TR: Pine Valley Mtn (5/24/10)

better late then never eh?  moose0024.gif.  anyways not a whole lot to say, just a quick overnighter with a bunch of friends, also had to test out my new sleeping bag and hammock set up..  on sunday the highs were around 60. a friend of mine came up with his son and did a quick hike with me which was about three miles.  also forgot my camera so took shots with my droid instead. 

the night dropped down around 20, and i stayed layered up in my hammock but i was wearing shorts and no socks (had them just they were in the pack and didn't want to get them) so my feet froze most of the night.

I didn't do a whole lot of fishing just because it was snowing and blowing most of the day.  my tarp had about 2 inches of snow on it in the morning but i did stay dry.

e8b8460c.jpg

9576cecb.jpg

903fd5ba.jpg

0f10abd2.jpg

b06eb0a6.jpg

Did you get any condensation on the under side of the tarp? Sometimes they drip especially towards morning. Too bad about your feet.Ive been there and later I wondered why I just didnt get up an do something about it.   :D

Thanks for the great pictures you bastard. (thats my new lowered standards on censorship.)   :hugegrin:

Did you get any condensation on the under side of the tarp? Sometimes they drip especially towards morning. Too bad about your feet.Ive been there and later I wondered why I just didnt get up an do something about it.  :D

Thanks for the great pictures you bastard. (thats my new lowered standards on censorship.)  :hugegrin:

Hey now, watch the potty mouth comments, Swede...there are some of us young'en around.

Pine valley is about 30min north of St. George (looks like mars) its on the west end of i-15 and tomorrow I'm headed up to the eastern equivilant which has "cedar breaks national monument"

The funny thing about utah is it has sage brush hills goes up to a certain point and will all of a sudden turn into thick trees like in the pics.

I didn't get condensation. Probably because nothing was touching the tarp.

Ive never been farther west then Oklahoma. I guess Ill have to get out there before I go to the unsuccessful survivor camp in the sky.