WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jemarque1

Dual Survival Link

Cody is hilarious! He's got a very realistic attitude, and his skills and knowledge never fail to amaze me.

I'm hoping to get out to his complex here in Arizona soon and take a look around. Maybe partake in one of his courses...

I am kinda of surprised I have not heard about this before now. The next Dual Survival takes place in Kentucky this Friday at 9pm. I am hoping it was filmed around Red River Gorge.

Saw a piece last summer that it was renewed, but cannot find anything more.  :-(

Scuttlebut is that Dave was less then honest about his credentials.

I might be wrong.  The last press release I am finding is that it finished as the highest rated show on Friday nights.

whats most peoples thoughts on Dual survival ? I've only seen the first season.

I enjoyed watching Cody and Dave playing off each other.

I enjoy the show and look forward to watching it.  This one does not seem quite as sensationalized as some of the others and I have learned a number of things watching the show.  I like how they make the best of what little resources they have and work through a different scenario with varying resources in each show.

It is entertaining as well, watching Cody and Dave give each other crap.

I have read one of Cody's books.  I enjoyed it and refer back to it pretty regularly.

I gotta admit I get a kick out of some of their comments like "it tasted like ass" or "this is an example of mother nature eliminating a gene pool" or Cody waiting for Dave to gather honey and get stung to hell.  happy097.gif

Its not Les but its OK.

I think the main thing most of us have enjoyed is seeing the two totally different approaches when it comes to survival, they really can butt heads but they also seem to compliment each other.  Sort of a yin-yang thing.

Don't know. All I do know is Dave was very dishonest about his credential's.

I have read a few forum posts implying that, but has there been anything definite been put out anyplace?

I have read info of his military service. He served but not what he said he done in the service.

So I don't know what if anything will happen with him and the show. Almost like Bear Gryll's use to say served with the SAS now it doesn't say that at the beginning of his show either.

Bear Grylls was with 21st Regiment SAS for 3 years, 21st Regiment is reserves for 22nd Regiment, both have to go through the exact same training and selection but 22nd Regiment is full time and first on the front line when the shit hits the fan. As I am aware.

I have read info of his military service. He served but not what he said he done in the service.

So I don't know what if anything will happen with him and the show. Almost like Bear Gryll's use to say served with the SAS now it doesn't say that at the beginning of his show either.

Just curious - where did you find this information?

I have no doubt that Grylls has had military background. My criticism is the survival aspect of his program. No true survivor risks his life any where any time especially if your lost and stranded in the wilds some where. He makes a good living doing what his public and employers want but to call it survival is a joke. NO ONE runs like an idiot through the wilderness or climbs down water falls etc. on purpose. A simple sprained ankle could mean death let alone a broke leg.

You have to admire his physical conditioning but hey we were all in good shape one time in our lives. Old folks like me have been there done that years ago and his idea of survival is for the young man in great shape. When I was his age I didnt care if I was lost.  :P