WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jemarque1

Alone in the Wild Links

Part 1

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=XVUFVZJZ

Part 2

http://www.zshare.net/videoplayer/player.php?SID=dl049&FID=65720999&FN=alone.in.the.wild.s01e02.ws.pdtv.xvid-ftp.flv&iframewidth=648&iframeheight=415&width=640&height=370&H=65720999327eb46e

Part 3

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=76H8F6FP

Not sure if this has been put on the forum yet, but I found this to be an interesting documentry on solitary survival in the wild. Lets you observe what it maybe like to survive alone in the wild yourself. You can learn from his experiences and see what he is doing right and wrong and take it to the next level. Personally I think he should have bought a moose and bear hunting license. I know in Alaska to have to hire a guide to hunt either one, so im not sure if its the same for Canadian Yukon. Beaver traps would have been useful too. Also many people are more socially dependant than others. If you are high on the {I} (independant, people oriented, outgoing, loves interaction and attention), and S(people oriented, reserved, submissive) on the {DISC} personality test, it means you are a socially oriented person. My personality is {C} (independant, work oriented,reserved, likes to work alone) and {I} which means i am equally happy  alone or with people. I personally think Ed Wardle is a {D}(independant, work oriented, outgoing ,authoritative,) and {I} complex. With his {I} being very strong he lacked people to interact with that he needed more with his personality complex.

D/S(example: Laverne Hooks from Police Academy) and I/C are rare. Common personality types are D/I, D/C, I/S, S/C.

I saw the series on tv and wasn't impressed.   His first 'shelter' was more of a log wind break, almost straight up and down.   I don't think he asked any advice from any of the local people.   He didn't seem to know what the local food plants were, he didn't know the best ways to catch fish, he didn't know when the salmon ran,   and didn't have nearly enough oats, etc. to supplement his diet.   He may be trained in survival in the British Isles and Europe, but he didn't do well in Canada.  :thumbdown:

This was an excellent program that took everyone by surprise. This program was set up to see one mans struggle against nature but it turned into a study of one mans battle with his own brain. He experienced much the same fears as anyone lost or in a survival situation and really did show how a negative mind works against you in a situation taking you down a very slippery slope.

The program is one of the best for seeing survival psychology at work. I am sure it will be used on many courses to show the negative mind at work for many years to come.

I think he had false expectations of what Tin Cup Lake could offer. Salmon live most of their lives in the ocean and come back to lakes to lay eggs. From what I can see on google earth, Tin Cup Lake does not connect to the ocean.