WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Todays Survival Show

You Get What You Negotiate

More than just bartering, negotiation is a good survival interpersonal skill. At the request of several people, I recorded some thoughts and strategies I've learned over the years on negotiating. It's a survival skill rarely talked about, but think of this...wouldn't it be nice to be able to barter more and pay less for things today? Wouldn't it help you survive today, if you could forge more effective compromises with your personal relationships and your business relationships?

There are several "negotiation killers" that happen a lot. Things like emotion, poor choice of language, demands rather than suggestions, poor planning, failure to set goals on the outcome of the negotiation and more.

What if you could create a better outcome for you and your family by being able to more effectively enlist the help of other people for some of your needs?

With less confrontation and more productive talk, you will find yourself getting more, being happier and most importantly, thriving in today's tough economy.

Tune in (www.todayssurvival.com), I think you'll enjoy it.

Our family recently inherited a fairly large sum of money. My oldest sister who has lived her life with very little even though she has a college degree in teaching because she wanted to. Now she has some cash in the bank and she said she doesnt know what to spend it on. Her husband said the shirts he had on came from good will. I told them even though you now have money doesnt mean you have to change your life style. Theres absolutely no reason you cant stay on the path of frugal living. Theres nothing wrong with that at all just now you have something to fall back on in an emergency.

Ive actually enjoyed not being a slave to a house and debts and being able to buy my toys instead.  :D

Guest smallgamehunter

theres a long article in the new issue of backwoodsman on bartering  very well written and i would suggest  everyone read it if they can

theres a long article in the new issue of backwoodsman on bartering  very well written and i would suggest  everyone read it if they can

Maybe someone (mentioning no names SGH) with whom has the magazine containing the article could read the article out loud in ear shot of us all! That would save us all some money and benefit us with some valuable information.

Is that what you mean by negotiation TSS?

Guest smallgamehunter

adi mate when i make it to a computer again i will post the article for all to read 

I figured since most of us read backwoodsman magazine i would mention it.