WildSurvive Forum
survivorgirl

something we all forgot to put in our packs

here is something we all (I think ) forgot to put in our packs and its to ward off one of the killers in Survival situations can you guess.....bordom Les has his harmonica maybe we should puts a pack of cards in our packs just a thought :whistle:

Thanks for the reminder Machine, I have a book of Edible North American Plants that belongs in my BOB. Not on my bookshelf.

here is something we all (I think ) forgot to put in our packs and its to ward off one of the killers in Survival situations can you guess.....bordom Les has his harmonica maybe we should puts a pack of cards in our packs just a thought :whistle:

Great thought Kim, something to occupy the mind without burning too many calories is a great idea to help keep a positive mental attitude.

Guest smallgamehunter

i got a book on land navigation and a small first responder book in my pack

How about a knife sharpener how many have thought of that. My thoughts are it doesn't have to be big and fancy just some thing you could run you blade threw or over to give it a better edge. I have small pocket sized sharpener form smiths sharpening got it for 10 bucks at walmart definitely not the best of sharpeners but its better than not having anything. I carry it every day can't stand dull blades

I play the tin whistle which sounds pretty decent in the woods at night, but I always have other items to keep me busy like my flint knapping, carving or net making.

For those in an urban envirom$ent a stanley fubar has many different uses such as a gas shut off wrench a pry bar and a lot other goodies they even have fire fighter designed ones for opening hydrants

For those in an urban envirom$ent a stanley fubar has many different uses such as a gas shut off wrench a pry bar and a lot other goodies they even have fire fighter designed ones for opening hydrants

yeah I almost went with one of them in my CERT bag but I went with the Dead On Tool Annihilator 18 in. Wrecking/Utility Bar

Not sure if it was more for the "cool" factor or the thought that it fitted my need better.  But it does look cool

here is mine below have not used it yet but can't wait to!

IMG_20101202_180205.jpg

a flask of whisky..it can be used to clean wounds, start fires...coerce other survivalists to your tent, fight boredome, pour on the ground and light for a signal fire, help sleep when the crickets is making noise.

a flask of whisky..it can be used to clean wounds, start fires...coerce other survivalists to your tent, fight boredome, pour on the ground and light for a signal fire, help sleep when the crickets is making noise.

~ amen brother.  :cheers:

I got one in my pack, ya know, for those sucking gunshot wounds :P

The item that I plan to start always bringing with me is my ITouch.  Music is my escape from the real world, and in a survival situation when the night seems worse than normal I really think that could make all the differance in the world!

~ Why green?  :unsure:

They are small, and have that green plastic cover that is pretty durable.

...besides, if it were yellow, it would make me sad.  :'(

Umbrella no takes up a hand wich can be used for building a shelter gathering fire wood etc I'd suggest a poncho. A military issue poncho from what I have ben told has 100s if not 1000s of uses personally I have not played with on yet