WildSurvive Forum
Rockhounder

WILDSURVIVE @ The Movies

I don't know how many times I've watched "The Great Escape", "Quigley Down Under", or "The Quiet Man" on TV when I haven't even broken the seal on the DVD case.   I also have movies I've wanted to see, bought, and put on the shelf to watch later, but later still hasn't got here yet.

I don't go to movie theaters because I can't sit still long enough.   I got three or four movies on the netflix watch on line that I'll watch a few minutes then come back later and watch some more.

The Quiet Man is my all-time favorite movie.  I try to make sure I watch it every time it hits the tube, and yes--I do own the dvd.  If nothing else I like to try to watch it on St. Patty's day with a Guinness or two. 

Another movie I own but watch every time it's on tv is Tremors and any of the sequels.  I actually like the edited tv version better than the dvd version, I guess it's better to me without the foul language.  Not that there's alot compared to a lot of other movies, but it does improve it. 

HA! I haven't seen Tremors in a LONG time! I LOVE that movie!!!

Ok, yesterday I pick up the mail. A couple of netflix movies came in, one of them was Law Abiding Citizen with Gerard Butler and Jamie Foxx. I think Foxx is WAY better at drama than he ever was at comedy. But....OMG!!! What a wickedly GREAT movie that was!!!

Ok, so here's our rating system. I never liked the whole "stars" concept and I've always thought 5 was never enough to rate a movie. I've seen some really good 1 1/2's where as I've regretting going to the theatre cause someone rated it a 5.

Here, at WildSurvive, we're going to rate them by logs. Up to 10 logs on the fire. 1 log is a really crappy movie, and 10 logs, well, that darn sure well better be an EPIC movie! You can even throw some kindling in there. Kinda like a half log.

I give Law Abiding Citizen 6 logs and some kindling on the fire. It had LOTS of action, a killer plot (no pun), and some really good twists in the story. Best of all, it had that "revenge" feel to it where the good guy wins......to a point. 

I think I'd give it at least 7 logs, and I think you're right.  Jamie Foxx is really hitting his stride as a dramatic actor.  Law Abiding Citizen would have had you rooting for the bad guy if he'd quit with the two who had invaded his home.

Yep, A History of Violence would only get about 3 logs in the fire, in my opinion.

The next movie I have qued up is The Book of Eli. I probably won't get to it until this weekend. I'm trying to finish up this knife I started a few weeks ago. It's a MAN-SIZED puukko called a "Laplander". I'm done with the sheath and the handle is on, now I'm just shaping the handle down to size. Then I have to clean up the blade. It's very sharp, but it has a lot of marks on it from the machining and still the black crud on the spine from the tempering.

I just watched "Twilight", the first movie of the Twilight series.  I loved the books and I really liked the movie, sparkly vampires and all.  :grin:  I'll watch "New Moon" tomorrow night, then Ashley and I are going to see "Eclipse" this weekend. 

I haven't seen "Tremors" yet.  I'll see if I can order it on Netflix. 

HOLLY??? You've NEVER seen Tremors??? OMG!!! YOU could totally be Reba McIntyre in that movie!!!! Ward and Bacon are a great match up too - and besides, what guy doesn't like a movie where the cute girl gets her pants ripped off and has to run around in the boonies in her panties.

I love it too!  :hugegrin:

I watched "Daybreakers" a couple of weeks ago.  That was pretty interesting.  It made me think of the big corporations who say they want to cure cancer and diabetes and all debilitating diseases, yet they make so much money from sick people, it makes you wonder if they really want a cure at all...:nono:

I love it too!  :hugegrin:

What? Runnin around in the boonies in your little pink unmentionables??? I'd totally PAY for THAT camping trip!

....AND....make a movie out of it.....  :naughty:

No, silly!  I love the picture of Wesley Snipes behind Mr. Sparkles and Ms. Grim!  LOL! 

Oh, and "The Book of Ely" is a good movie too.  Some parts are silly, but the majority of the movie is really good and the ending is awesome!  I'll give that one 6 logs. 

Oh, and "The Book of Ely" is a good movie too.  Some parts are silly, but the majority of the movie is really good and the ending is awesome!  I'll give that one 6 logs. 

Yeah, a solid 6 logs, maybe throw in some kindling.  I liked it! 

Holly, remember--if you look around you might find the whole Tremors movie set on one dvd for cheap!  Yeah, I agree with Rocky, you could be Reba's character in the movie!!  :hugegrin:

Okay, you guys...I just ordered "Tremors" on Netflix.  I'll let you know how I like it.  :grin:

saw treamers long time ago it was great :thumbsup:

Law biding citizen was a great movie yea 7 logs :cool:

book of eli is next in my dad's and my que

I agree! 7 logs for Law Abiding Citizen.

I love when he quotes this after killing nearly everyone....

"I'm just getting warmed up. This is like total war. I'm going to bring the whole f***ing diseased temple down on your head. It's going to be biblical."

world war Z is now been cancelled as a movie, its now gonna be a 10 part mini series!

~ I can't BELIEVE none of you have mentioned one of the BEST Survival movies I've seen in a long long time!

ZOMBIELAND!    :thumbsup: :cheers: :clap:

It's got action and comedy and some Great RULES to live by...   (The rules are getting very famous)

'Zombieland' Trailer HD