WildSurvive Forum
Rockhounder

WILDSURVIVE @ The Movies

I watched expendables the other night. It wasn't too bad. Some of those guys are a little past their use by date I think.

I just found out one of my favourite series of books is being made into a movie. Can't wait to see it.

I watched brooklyns finest last night I give it a long. The move had a ton of potentioal to be good if the director and wrighters thought out the details a little better the storr line was difficult to fallow

For young teens, I'd highly recommend "City of Ember".  It reminded me a lot of "National Treasure" with all the hidden doors and secret passageways.  It's about a post-apocalyptic city called Ember which is underground.  The generator is failing and the food is becoming scarce.  Two young teenagers figure out a secret box and discover how they can escape from Ember and make their way above ground, where the earth has renewed itself and is beautiful.  They have to go through so many trials and have to escape the mayor's goons along the way, which adds some tension and excitement to the story.  It's not really that great for grownups, but for the younger folks, I'll give it 5 logs.  :grin:

OMG...I'm watching "The Boondock Saints" right now and I have to take a break.  I think they said the "f" word about 50 times...in six minutes.  :rofl:  If you like vigilante flicks, you should watch this one.  Connor and Murphy are Irish fraternal twin brothers living in South Boston who decide they are going to rid the city of all mafia members and lowlifes, one murder at a time.  The violence is extreme, and so is the language, but it's funny at the same time. 

I like the scene when one of the brothers is handcuffed around a toilet by a Russian mobster and he manages to pull the toilet up from the tiles and away from the wall.  The Russian mobster has taken his brother downstairs and outside to kill him.  The first brother drops the toilet over the side of the building and nails the Russian below, killing him.  Oh, and it was the same mobster that tried to beat them up in the bar the night before and the brothers tied the Russian to the bar facedown, poured alcohol over his butt, then lit his butt on fire.   happy097.gif

Willem Dafoe plays a gay FBI agent who is super smart and is tracking the brothers down.  He is really good in this movie.  :yes:  Ron Jeremy has a small part in the movie too.  That didn't come out right, but you know what I mean!  :rofl:

For pure entertainment, I'll give this one 6 logs.  :thumbsup:

Great pick Taken. I had never even heard about it. So I went to Target (pronounced "tar-jhey") and bought it, enjoyed it. I have the weekend off and the house to myself!!!!

Great pick Taken. I had never even heard about it. So I went to Target (pronounced "tar-jhey") and bought it, enjoyed it. I have the weekend off and the house to myself!!!!

~ Glad you liked it.  I love the rules. I also love the fact that the geeky kid survies because he was at home playing video games on the Friday night that the zombie's began their rampage. LOL!

It pays to be a nerd... (when zombies take over)    :smoke: :thumbup:

LOL! Yep, I'll never forget the "douple tap".

'cept, that poor little girl woulda been screwed if it was me when she was faking being bitten. If they'd a given the gun to me I'd a double-tapped her azz without hesitation. BLAM! BLAM! Let's GO!

BTW-

Do you really need a double tap with buckshot? I mean, it's like a 8 or 9 tap if you think about it? 

LOL! Yep, I'll never forget the "douple tap".

'cept, that poor little girl woulda been screwed if it was me when she was faking being bitten. If they'd a given the gun to me I'd a double-tapped her azz without hesitation. BLAM! BLAM! Let's GO!

BTW-

Do you really need a double tap with buckshot? I mean, it's like a 8 or 9 tap if you think about it? 

~ Absolutely...  Double tap no Matter WHAT. It's the Rule.

I'm with you, I think that big sister was playing Russian Rullet with that little girl. She came really close to getting double-tapped in my head. Very dangerous. Also, I can't understand why they were so keen on dumping the ONLY two living dudes they had met in a world of Zombies, when both dudes were so good at killing zombies.  :blink:  Bad logic.

And WHY were Hostess Twinkies so hard to come by? You'd think they'd be everywhere. Also, WHAT do all of those zombies EAT when most living folks are dead? I really started thinking that they'd be a self-limiting virus. If they HAVE to eat living tissue, and there's NO way they can catch any wild creature (because their strength and speed was no more than any human... ) then WHAT Do they eat to stay alive? Doesn't make sense statistically.

saw date night with my dad great and funny movie 7 logs and some tinder :thumbsup:

and saw book of Eli great movie LOVED it for me 10 logs :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Book of Eli- 8 logs, good film, kept my interest, good plot twists, good amount of action.

She's the Man- 4 logs, Amanda Bynes is hot...  About all I can say here :P

The Collector- Little bit of tinder- I can't stand gore movies anymore.

~ I really liked the Book of Eli. It was a lot like the sixth sense, in that it really took me by surprise at the end, and then I had to go back and watch it again to see if the clues were all there.

It ALSO reminded me just how valuable the written word is. I am a person who has a TON of books. I am often tempted to get rid of them, and to just invest in a Kindle...  but my inner voice keeps warning me off. Without electricity, or internet, we'd be right back to square one (information-wise). When you rely on computors and electricity or a cell phone signal to bring you information, you could seriously be let down in worst-case scenario.  :thumbup:

That's why I've always liked Louis L'Amour's books.  When he wrote about the desert, he could make you thirsty!

Both having passed on I know it will never happen, but wonder what kind of book would have come from a collaboration between L'Amour and Robert Heinlein?

My mom and I are going to go see "Inception" this afternoon.  I'll let you know how many logs it's worth.  :grin:

Both having passed on I know it will never happen, but wonder what kind of book would have come from a collaboration between L'Amour and Robert Heinlein?

It would be interesting to say the least.  Have you ever read L'Amour's "The Californios" or "Haunted Mesa"?  Those give you a good idea of what such a collaboration would be like.

Speaking of Louis L'Amour, why is it that so many of his books have been made into really POOR movies??  "Crossfire Trail" was better than most of them.  Tom Selleck is in at least 4 of the books that have been made into movies.  Who else remembers which four?

Probable because the scripwriters and directors are wanting to put their spin on it.   He also tells his stories more with description than dialogue.

Well, I wish I could give a review of the movie, but right in the middle of it, the projector went dark, all the little safety lights went out, and the emergency lights came on.  We sat there for about 5 minutes, hoping the film would start back up but nothing happened.  It was really creepy too, because it was dead silent in the theater.  No music, no air conditioner unit running, no noises outside either. 

After waiting awhile longer, then deciding the movie was out permanently, I got my little Photon light out of my purse, shined it on the screen, and Mom and I made shadow puppets.  Everyone was laughing and that broke the eerie tension in the theater. 

One of the ushers came in and said a transformer in the area had blown and all the electricity went out in the whole building.  We got movie passes to come back another time.  I can't wait to see the second half.  It is a mind-blowing movie!  :yes: