WildSurvive Forum
Rockhounder

WILDSURVIVE @ The Movies

I am Legend was another good one. Wish they would make a sequel to it. The book of Eli was better than The Road. I have The Book of Eli on DVD. Movies up here are worth their weight in gold. Especially when the snow sets in.

The hurt locker was no doubt a good movie but could have ben thought out a little better. I just watched letters to god that movie was fantastic it will win awards I give it 10 logs I recommend this movie to any one it brings a whole new prespective on life at the end amazing

Here's a good one for all you "Sci-Fi" fans out there.  "Fire in the Sky" is a movie based on the true story of an Arizona logger named Travis Walton who was supposedly abducted by aliens.  Evidently, one evening after he and the logging crew he was working with finished up for the day, they were riding home and saw the sky lit up by a deep red light.  They went to investigate and found a UFO hovering over the ground.  Travis got out of the truck to check it out while the other guys were yelling at him to get back into the truck, then suddenly he got zapped by a bright light and fell to the ground.  The other guys thought he'd been killed and they tore out of there.  The driver of the truck, Travis's best friend Mike, felt bad about leaving his friend behind, so he told the others to get out of the truck and he went back to find Travis.  Travis's body was gone and so was the UFO.

The rest of the movie is about the grief that the logging crew got from the townspeople, people they'd grown up with and knew forever.  Nobody believed their story.  Everyone thought that Travis had been murdered and the guys were covering it up.  Until five nights later, when Mike got a call from a payphone from someone claiming to be Travis.  Mike and some others went to the payphone and they found Travis naked and incoherent and obviously in a bad way psychologically.  Through little flashbacks, it's revealed that Travis had been abducted by aliens who had experimented on him.  It was pretty gruesome!

You have to make up your own mind if you believe Travis's story or not.  Personally, I have a hard time beilieving that a race with the knowledge and technology to travel to other planets would have such primitive tools to experiment on someone with.  It doesn't make sense to me.  As Swede has pointed out before, why would an intelligent race travel from all those light years away, just to stick a probe up somebody's butt?  :rofl:  

For entertainment purposes and some really good acting by Robert Patrick as Travis's best friend, Mike, I'll give this 5 logs.  :yes:

Holly, maybe they're those aliens from the M. night shamalamma guy, the movie "signs" with Mel Gibson. So these aliens have the technology to travel time and space, but one of them gets locked in a cupboard and can't get out. WTF???? They can defy physics as we know it but can't turn a door knob or jimmy and old turn of the century keyhole door lock.

Ok, as recommended by one of my Navy buddies because he said when it came to the time we spent in the Navy, this movie was more of a documentary than it was a fictional story.......the movie you ask????

THE HANGOVER

OMG! That was SUCH a hilarious movie. I had to pause the movie (cause I was laughing so hard I made myself have to go pee) when the naked chinese guy jumped out of the trunk and started whacking the guys with the crowbar! Then the kids tasing the one guy in the crotch and the cops laughing. Holy shitakke mushrooms that was a good movie.

For a comedy, I give that movie a full 8 logs and much kindling! As a documentary, I might take out the kindling. :P

Ok, I'm not going to rate this movie yet, I want some feedback on it before I give it my rating. The movie is the new release of:

CLASH OF THE TITANS.

What did you guys think of this one? I know for one, I loved the old movies like this that NOW are considered to have cheesy special effects, but at the time, they were like the Matrix was at it's peak. One of my favorite movies of this genre was Jason and the Argonauts and the "Sinbad" movies.

I loved the original..... i have to say i was really disapointed in the remake. the special effects were great but the movie just seamed to be missing something

Ok, I'm not going to rate this movie yet, I want some feedback on it before I give it my rating. The movie is the new release of:

CLASH OF THE TITANS.

What did you guys think of this one? I know for one, I loved the old movies like this that NOW are considered to have cheesy special effects, but at the time, they were like the Matrix was at it's peak. One of my favorite movies of this genre was Jason and the Argonauts and the "Sinbad" movies.

I love the old cheesy movies the best too, Rocky.  I loved "Sinbad" and the original "Clash of the Titans".  The new "Clash of the Titans" was pretty good for its special effects, and I loved the shot of the metal owl from the first movie that they worked into the new movie, but it was still a let-down.  I think it failed because it doesn't make a person feel warm and fuzzy over any of the characters.  I didn't emotionally attach to the movie, so it was just entertainment for an hour or so, then easily forgotten. 

The really great movies have unforgettable characters, like "Yoda" and "Chewie", "Gollum", "Forrest Gump", "E.T.", "Neo" and "Morpheus", and "Hermey" the misfit elf who wanted to be a dentist in "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer".

A really great movie will have at least one character that makes you think about that movie long after you've gone home.  It will affect your way of viewing the world in some way.  It will change you.  :yes: 

Well, the little owl did have a short cameo.  When they were gearing up and getting ready for their adventure, what his name asked whosit, "What's this??" and pulled that owl out of a trunk.  Whosit said, "Leave it!"

I saw Tombstone (with Kurt Russell) last night. That movie is WAY up there on my top ten list. However, the version they showed last night had a couple extra scenes in it. Like this one has a seen of Masters telling Curly Bill that he wants to leave the Cowboys. I'd never seen that one. It sort of leads up to how he was captured and drug to Henry Hooker's ranch. 

I saw Tombstone (with Kurt Russell) last night. That movie is WAY up there on my top ten list. However, the version they showed last night had a couple extra scenes in it. Like this one has a seen of Masters telling Curly Bill that he wants to leave the Cowboys. I'd never seen that one. It sort of leads up to how he was captured and drug to Henry Hooker's ranch. 

I've never seen that either, I'll have to keep my eyes open for it.  When Tombstone hit the theaters, my brother and a good friend of ours--Jim Neal--went to see it.  Now Jim was a Colt collector, must have had about a dozen Peacemakers of different calibers, finishes, barrel lengths, etc.  He said we should have all worn a Colt to the debut and sat there in the back working the actions--those distinctive four clicks that are the hallmark of a Colt's hammer being drawn back--for sound effects.  I told him, "Yeah, it'd be fun right up to the point when the SWAT team arrived..."  I miss Jim, he was a good friend.  He and his wife both died of carbon monoxide poisoning.  I tell you this, I'll never have a house with a garage under it.

Tombstone deserves at least 9 logs and a lot of kindling, especially considering Charleton Heston was in it.

I haven't seen Tombstone since it first came out on video. I see that Jeff Bridges will be playing Rooster Cogburn in the remake of True Grit. 

~ I've seen Tombstone countless times...  it's one of those movies that I always catch on late at night, and I just HAVE to finish watching. For the life of me, though, I NEVER realized that Charlton Heston was even in the movie.  :blink:

I Don't remember him at all. What part did he play?  :dontgetit:

Doc Holiday is the one who shined in that movie... Way to go Val !