WildSurvive Forum
starhero

What I should use.

I have 0 experience in guns nor hunting but is interested in it.I'm thinking what kind of guns i should actually use. Since I have no experience,help will come from handgun to rifles to shotguns,deer hunting wolf hunting bear hunting... And i really want to know what is really important,like accuracy or speed...Thanks

Of course what weapon you use depends totally on what your hunting. Rifles are the most accurate by far. Shotguns are short range weapons but are best for flying game because of the wider pattern of the shot. Are you hunting for meat or trophys?

The first thing I would suggest is that you attend a hunter education or firearms safety course.  You will learn a great deal from either, and you'd be off to a better start than most people.  While at one of these courses you will make contacts with instructors and other folks who are interested in firearms and hunting, learn about local ranges, and where you can get instruction.  More often than not, there will also be a live fire portion of the class that will give you a chance to try various firearms.  

Usually I'd recommend that you start with a .22 LR rifle in order to learn how to use the sights properly, trigger and breathing control.  Plus a .22 is cheap to shoot and can serve as a survival firearm.

Trust me, take the course first and then start looking at the type of firearm to buy.

Welcome to wildsurvive Starhero. You will find helpful friendly folks here if not we beat the hell out of um.  :D

If you need help navigating around just ask you never know we might be able to help.  :unsure:

Stop be the campfire and say hello.

Swede is correct, Star, what will you be hunting and where will you be hunting. Let us know that and we might be able to offer some suggestions.

pm me if you have any questions.....

i hunt alot, use smallo clibres for the most part

cheers

Actually,I am extremely interested and i am not even sure if I will be abke to hunt.First thing is that my country do not allow guns,so the course you mentioned is impossible.Second,I would want to hunt for trophies and maybe alaska?

Another thing,if i were to immigrate,will i be allowed for the license?

And if no,continue reply.At least i get to find out new things without even trying!

Okay, that does make it pretty tough.  The main problem for you will to be gaining the skills needed for hunting without being able to regularly practice your shooting.  Hunting in an area like Alaska will require more than just a rifle and a license.  If you manage to immigrate you will become eligible provided you meet other criteria for owning a firearm.  If you ever get a chance to visit the US before immigrating, you may still be able to take a firearm or hunter education course during your visit. 

Depending upon where you live if you move to the U.S. there will be different regulations for firearms ownership and qualification for a hunting license.  For instance, in California the hunter education requirements to be allowed to hunt or to own a firearm may be much different than in Kentucky.