WildSurvive Forum
KentuckyWoodsman

KentuckyWoodsman Pics and Videos

Whats that say on her shirt?  :o    :P

Nice hike nice family outing. Thanks for the pics KW.

My daughter is in from college and wanted me to guide her and her boyfriend to a waterfall here in the county. Here is some pictures from our hike. The falls is called Bad Branch Falls.

BadBranchFall.jpg

BadBranchCassieandDrew.jpg

BadbranchCassie.jpg

Some really cool pics man, nice falls and always good to get in some father/daughter time. Once they are grown and gone ya don't get so much of that anymore.

Thanks Everyone! It is hard to believe she is about to finish her first year of college.  You are very right Mistwalker the time I get to spend  with her gets less and less now a days. She thinks she has found Mr. Right and has visions of living life happily ever after. I sure hope she waits till she is finished with her degree before she make any decisions about getting married.

Uhhhhhh......KW, exactly WHERE is the boyfriend??? Did you um....just happen to leave someone behind???? :P

I saw nothing, heard nothing and know even less! I am sure he is hidden under......I mean hiding somewhere out of sight. :angel:

LOL! You're lucky to have a daughter! I had always wanted to be sharpening my knives and cleaning my guns when she brought her boyfriend home to meet me. I guess I'll just have to do that to my boys' girlfriends. :devil:

How do you know which ones are safe to eat?

These are known as morels or Dry Land Fish Muddy. We are pretty much raised around here to know what to look for as far as these go.

still a little to dry and cool here. they are finding them in some areas around but ive been out twice now and havnt found any. one more good rain and some warm temps and they will be poppin out here. ive been an avid mushroom stalker since i could walk. my old man knew almost every mushroom in the woods. i still only pick 3 or 4 different edible ones though. mostly the morells. great haul ther kwoods.  :thumbup:

I've never ate one... Are they good?

they are the BOMB!  you dont eat them raw, you have to cook them. we usually slice them in half and roll them in egg and crushed cracker crumbs and fry them in a pan. add a little salt and pepper. they are great topped on a steak or burger too.

false morells come in a couple different looks, but kwoods is spot on, hollow and looks exactly like his picture. they can be different colors from whiteish gray, yellow and even almost black but as long as they are hollow and the squiggly part is conected to the stem and they look exactly like kwoods picture then you got the good stuff.

The wife and I got away for our 21st wedding anniversary last weekend on Hilton Head Island, SC

We had a great time and got to do parasailing and kayaking. Here is some pictures of our parasailing trip.

Getting harnessed into the chute.

ParasailingHiltonHead2.jpg

Up and away!

ParasailingHiltonHead.jpg

ParasailingHiltonHead3.jpg