WildSurvive Forum
KentuckyWoodsman

KentuckyWoodsman Pics and Videos

Beutiful place, my kind of weather too.

Yes this is some beautiful country for sure. I would like to come up here and spend  sometime camping and exploring. I get out a little when I am working up here, but not like I would like.

It looks like you got some tough woodpeckers or these are bullet holes.  :unsure:

That rock is covered with those holes. There  must have been some really tough prehistoric wood peckers.

Ill betcha you cant tell me what kind of trees are in the picture of the big rock.

sycamore in the picture I think. Didn't really even pay attention till now to be honest. There is tons of oak tree up there though, the acorns made it tough to stand up on the hillside.

Sugar Hackberry is the only tree I know of that has those white spots on a smooth bark. Illinois is as far north as they grow mainly south.

Wow, hasn't changed a bit, Hoover is awesome.  I wish we could have made the canyon too, but we were very short on time (Had a 3 day pass to get back to Ft Lewis).  Can't wait to see your picks of the canyon.

Great pictures, K-Woods.  Do you know where you were?

South Rim and all these pictures where taken on the trail that starts on Mather's Point. We were running way behind on time and didn't get to stay as long as we wanted. We hiked around for about a half a day before we had to start the 4.5 hour drive back west. We are headed to Death Valley  this morning. Then fly out tomorrow. I got to hit one geocache yesterday on Historic Route 66.