WildSurvive Forum
KentuckyWoodsman

KentuckyWoodsman Pics and Videos

Western Blue Birds KW. You could put a space or two between your pictures looks better. Were looking at an Amtrak ride out there soon. Im thinking New Mexico turn around. Thanks for your efforts.  :arigato:

Thanks everyone! This has been a pretty good trip. We are just getting back from Death Valley. I will post some more pictures of there shortly.

Western Blue Birds KW. You could put a space or two between your pictures looks better. Were looking at an Amtrak ride out there soon. Im thinking New Mexico turn around. Thanks for your efforts.  :arigato:

Swede this has been a good trip. Although I cant recommend Las Vegas. The country side around here is unreal. The Grand Canyon and Death Valley are both pretty awesome. Well worth the trip for sure. Will do on the spacing. :thumbup:

awesome! did you keep any or just catch and release.  :hugegrin:

We turned them loose.  SC doesn't want people eating them do the mercury content. We used to grill shark steaks all the time when I was stationed at Langley AFB on Chesapeake Bay back in the early 90's

Here is some pictures from our bike ride down the VA Creeper Trail today. It is an old reclaimed railroad bed and gets its name from the VA Creeper Locomotive that used to run on the track. You loose 3000 feet of elevation over 17 miles from Whitetop Mountain to the town of Damascus.  It ties in at the top with the Appalachian Trail. There was several hikers using the trail to get into the town of Damascus today where they get supplies and eat at the local restaurants.

VACreeperTrail3_zps797ad5b0.jpg

VACreeperTrail2_zps4b73407d.jpg

VACreeperTrail_zps5241a4ab.jpg

VACreeperTrail4_zps92e21929.jpg

ive been on some rail trails in new Hampshire. beutifull country. did it go down 3000 and then you had to go back up?i like starting at the bottom of routs, that way you can ride down and relax. ive always said you have to earn the decent. so ive always liked riding up the big hills. great day spent with your boy getting fit. got to love that  :thumbup:

ive been on some rail trails in new Hampshire. beutifull country. did it go down 3000 and then you had to go back up?i like starting at the bottom of routs, that way you can ride down and relax. ive always said you have to earn the decent. so ive always liked riding up the big hills. great day spent with your boy getting fit. got to love that  :thumbup:

The first half was  pretty steep down hill. then it kinda  leveled out till the end. If I had to peddle uphill and gain 3000 feet of elevation I probably wouldnt be posting here today. lol

Looks good.

I have done this a couple of times by just hanging the head outside in a tree and letting the natives take care of the cleaning.  It will take a couple of months (after it thaws out around here), then some work to finish cleaning it (power washer works great).

Here is how it turned out:

zrv2.jpg

qy6b.jpg

L]

Looks great!  BTW...any progress on the summer sausage project?

Thanks KB! Already made one roll that lasted less than 24 hours. Planning to make more soon. This time I am going to try to make at least 3-4 rolls. Some with cheese and peppers.