WildSurvive Forum
survivorgirl

beyond survival with Les Stroud

Les must go around the globe getten stoned on what ever the natives are hooked on. Those guys chewed that beetle nut all day long and half the night I think.

I did see a different method of dead falls with a stick mat loaded with rocks instead on just one rock. I think it is already too late for Sri Lanka

they are pretty much removed from ancient life mostly from the tsunami. I saw Wendys name in the credits.

The show was OK.  It's no Survivorman.....the trap making and bow making was cool.  I will keep watching it......see where it goes.  I know he is showing their culture...but to me....cut out the dancing and rituals and show how they actually LIVE with the bush. 

This last show was pretty good and I found out he has a film crew. I particularly like the close up of the tird floating .  :yes:    :thumbup:

Haven't seen this one yet - Les got a little too into himself in the last season and in the promo's of this show for my liking.

I really enjoyed the "everyday guy" out there surviving in the wild like ALL of season 1. Now half his promo's have him with his shirt off, I guess you could call it showing off his muscles... A little too wannabe macho for me.

In comparison, Cody Lundin is muscled up like a house, a house on steroids actually, and you never see him out there flexing or taking his shirt off just for show.

Maybe the directors tell Les to do it... I dunno. Just went against my liking from his first season.

Believe it or not Codys last name is spelled Lundin.  :unsure:  How they get Lin dane out of that I have no idea.  :nono:

I think he does that for us ladies out there

I don't care if he has his shirt on or not I love his filmaking and info on the cultures great show the one with the seagypsies is great  :thumbsup:

I think he does that for us ladies out there

I don't care if he has his shirt on or not I love his filmaking and info on the cultures great show the one with the seagypsies is great  :thumbsup:

Or especially his pants huh Kim?  :hugegrin:

ok to get to the reason I like Les more for him his personality filmwork and I can learn from him, him being cute is a bonus.  :)

I never think of him in a sex symbol kinda way :nono:

I don't get discovery, so I went to youtube to watch.  It seems discovery has put a block on most of their shows there, except for the short segments.

The show was OK.  It's no Survivorman.....the trap making and bow making was cool.  I will keep watching it......see where it goes.  I know he is showing their culture...but to me....cut out the dancing and rituals and show how they actually LIVE with the bush. 

~ I totally disagree (with all due respect to my Alligator Snapping Turtle).

I'm really intrigued with this new realm where Les Stroud has carried "Survival Science".  :thumbup:

Leave it to Les...  WHO else would even think to seek out the most remote tribes on Earth, tribes who have lived off of the Earth for thousands of years... tribes who have selectively "chosen" to remain attatched to Nature, as opposed to technology.

Absolutely facinating!  :arigato:

Machine, if you notice ONE thing about those cultures who live their lives in the "bush" and who are successful at doing so...  you MUST respect the fact that they ALL pay homage to the Spirits of Nature...

Obviously, Les is trying to teach us that you CANNOT cut out the "Dancing, or the Rituals", because that is the cornerstone of their survival. Didn't you see him, in awe, as the poor boat folks took coins, food and all of their humble riches, and gave them back to the sea?

Les appeared, to me, to be in awe of such a sacrifice.

Les is learning, and trying to Share with those who will listen, what "Beyond" survival really is all about.

It's about reconnecting with Nature, and with the spirits of Nature.

No matter where you are on this planet, if you cannot "connect" and make peace with the Spirits of Nature......  you are not in good standing.

Kudos to Les Stroud... for finally going above and beyond the media's definition of survival.

When it comes to the Science of Survival, Les Stroud has ALWAYS been on the cutting edge, and now, he alone is cutting a new trail. He's really trying to figure it all out on a spiritual level. I commend him for that. I'm tuning into that new show religiously...

~ I watched the episode from New Guinea...    The most important thing to realize is that Les is the FIRST white man ever allowed "IN"  to film their sacred rituals.

THAT is phenomenal.

That is what sets him apart from  a gazzillion other "survival" experts.

Les is "in tune" with Nature.

Beyond survival is NOT about Fighting nature, and surviving in a hostile environment, it's about BECOMING Nature....  and reconnecting with the Universe.

I am LOVING this show.  :thumbsup: :hugegrin:

(Les is totally HOT) Woo Hooo!  Strong in survival skills...  and strongly connected with the spirit of all that "is".    Plus... he can still make fire from nothing, and it's

always been the fire that intrigues me.