WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Falco

Urban Firewood!

During the German occupation of France Parisians...and others I imagine...were using a stove that used sheets of news paper rolled into balls as fuel and would boil water with only a few sheets. There was a grill like this on the market here in the U.S. at one time. I've studied the design and like the theory. However the thought of cooking my food over burning ink now doesn't really appeal to me...in a true depression that could very well change.

The guy must be a Cody Lundin fan.  :D  nice job making that thing and it works really well. You could add a longer chimney and use it for a heating stove in your shelter.

Thanks Tatonka.

Tatonka,

Nice job, especially demonstrating how to use the stove; boiling that much water in that big a pot with a handle of sticks is pretty impressive, along with the fact that it will do so every time...I gotta get me one of those - actually I did download the article, and may try something a bit smaller with tin cans and an old metal cookie/candy container just for grins and giggles.

theres another one too....i think its called a kelly kettle or sometghing........it burns up the center of the metal flask

The rocket stove I made is made out of bricks and works pretty well too.

Kelly Kettles are awesome from what I've seen...expensive, but awesome none the less.