WildSurvive Forum
taken by the wind...

A Thousand uses for a STICK

You can make a club with a stick

You can make a throwing stick with a (gee....er....stick)

You can char the end and write a note with a little stick

You can tighten a tourniquet with a stick (remember tourniquet is a last resort)

You can make a boomerang out of a stick (where's the aussie guys with this one - someone show us how)

You can make a deadfall with sticks

And you can turn a stick into a whistle, or play a drum with one, back in tenderer years I even "heard" you could make a pipe from a stick.

My old man was great with a boomarang (no he wasnt aussie) and i used to throw in some small competitions.  great, now i have to make one just to see if i can...thanks MTman

Now where is my copy of the blair witch project  :whistle:

:puke: :ewphu:

you can make stilts with sticks.

You can use them to hide geocaches.

You can use a buncha pointy ones stuck in the dirt to keep the forces of good from over running your perimeter. :devil:

My old man was great with a boomarang (no he wasnt aussie) and i used to throw in some small competitions.  great, now i have to make one just to see if i can...thanks MTman

What do you call a boomarong and doesn't come back?

A stick.

:puke: :ewphu:

you can make stilts with sticks.

You can use them to hide geocaches.

You can use a buncha pointy ones stuck in the dirt to keep the forces of good from over running your perimeter. :devil:

I have used sticks to recover geocaches as well.

A stick can also used as defense against a "Dark Squirrel"...

On a more serious note, you can notch a stick each morning and thus keep track of the passage of time - it's true some of us then must needs have longer sticks than others (y'all just leave that one alone - right - ok, who's first?)

Keep  :cry: child, I'll give you a reason to  :cry: .  Tomorrow you'll just be one day older than today.  I read a Robert Heinlein story where a senescent computer was talking with the oldest human, Lazerth Long, "Everyone lives the same amount of time.  Now.  Some people's now is fuller and deeper than other people's now, but we all live in our now."   

true freebirde! my problem is my mind says my now is 18.  but my body dosnt agree with it

It's all in your mind, Razor.

Tie a bandana or shirt on to your stick to wave it as a signal flag.

If you get a buncha small sticks you can play........  Pick Up Sticks!! :bounce: :clap:

You can stir the dinner pot.

Shish kabobs!!

You can have a sword fight with a trekking buddy.  Or joust.

Bunch of little sticks sharpened on both ends and tied/wired together in a ball make nice caltrops for defensive perimeters.  A couple of people with sharp knives can make 50 to 100 of these in a few hours and they are deadly little buggers for approaching forces on a dark night.  Very effective just inside a fence/wall as intruders drop over as well.

Heavier ones tied to a club make a decent mace also. 

Take heavy long club; break in half, smooth ends.  Drill hole in each piece at upper - leather/chain/strap together = nunchaka

Or just leave as heavy, long club.

Some sticks, some string, and some cloth/paper - make a kite

Take a green willow stick and stick it in the mud beside a pond and watch it become a tree

Use it like a pole vault to cross small stream or pits.

Tie a couple sticks together to put on the grave of your comrade who went outside to investigate that strange noise just like in the horror movies. :scared: