WildSurvive Forum

~ I just watched an episode of "I shouldn't be Alive" the other day, about this Woman and her fiance' who drove way out into the Arizona Desert to shoot skeets with her two little girls.  They had brought a few bottles of water and whatever they had to shoot with. Nothing else. Well, when they were turning around, their truck got stuck in a ditch. By then, they had about six ounces of water left, Max. They had no jack in their car, and they noticed a broken down truck miles away, so they decided to hike to it to try to find a jack (in the hot sun in the middle of the day.)  :nono:  It just went downhill from there. They ended up splitting up, and he got lost (looking for help) and she knew the way back, but opted to go the way she knew HE went thinking he might have found help and wouldn't know where she and her little girls were.  wacky115.gif  He didn't find help... and she didn't either. She almost killed her kids with that stupid decision. It was frustrating watching the entire episode.  

She ended up marrying him after all that too.  :S

that way I don't like watching those showes sometimes I think it's over confidence too

~ I totally agree with you Survivorgirl.  :thumbup:  A lot of people have tons of confidence that nothing bad will ever happen to them. It's like driving in a severe downpour, when rain is just pouring from giant buckets in the sky, and people on the highway come flying around you like you're an idiot for slowing down.  :thumbdown:  I always think to myself... "Now THERE goes somebody with a LOT of faith..."  :smoke:

Or ...  those folks who like to drive 70mph bumber to bumber.....  I always think to myself "Now THERE go a bunch of folks who have a LOT of faith..."    :smoke:  faith that nobody is going to randomly put on brakes.... faith that a deer isn't going to run out in front of any of them....  faith that everybody is paying attention to the road. 

The world is full of people who have a lot of Faith nowadays.  cool14.gif

I meet them in the E.R. all the time.

(when the trauma pager goes off.)

~ I totally agree with you Survivorgirl.  :thumbup:  A lot of people have tons of confidence that nothing bad will ever happen to them. It's like driving in a severe downpour, when rain is just pouring from giant buckets in the sky, and people on the highway come flying around you like you're an idiot for slowing down.  :thumbdown:  I always think to myself... "Now THERE goes somebody with a LOT of faith..."  :smoke:

Or ...  those folks who like to drive 70mph bumber to bumber.....  I always think to myself "Now THERE go a bunch of folks who have a LOT of faith..."    :smoke:  faith that nobody is going to randomly put on brakes.... faith that a deer isn't going to run out in front of any of them....  faith that everybody is paying attention to the road. 

The world is full of people who have a lot of Faith nowadays.  cool14.gif

I meet them in the E.R. all the time.

(when the trauma pager goes off.)

I couldn't agree more...confidence is a must, but being over confident is no different then underestimating your opponent and "Mother Nature" should never be underestimated!