WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
oldfatguy

Mt. St. Helens

Awesome, Kim. I love that clip.

That is actually a series of stills shot on a 35mm camera with an auto-winder. They were near Spirit Lake and saw the eruption begin. The person grabbed their camera and shot until they were out of film.  It was later put together into a video.

Apparently a bit of snow over the weekend at Mt. St. Helens.  This is from the original Volcano-cam, which is mounted on the eve of the roof which is approximately the height of a two story building.

3_28_11.jpg.4ed09db36c8192c8c50736cfa6b67451.jpg

Holy moly!  That's a LOT of snow!  And I'm running around in jeans and a t-shirt over here.  :grin:

Awww....the gnomes have returned to Mt. St. Helens!

~ Good, maybe they'll keep it happy and safe.  cool14.gif  Ever since I put a garden Gnome on top of the box that holds all of the electrical stuff that goes to my pond, everything's been running smoothly.  :yes: The breaker never trips when it rains, or anything else. Everything stays dry.  :thumbsup:

While in high school in Portland,I saw it while walking to school every morning from 66-68. My friends and I camped and climbed on it many times, I still have a tube of ash from the explosion my aunt saved for me. The ash ate away the paint on her new car in the week after the eruption. St Helens to the north of me, Mt Hood to the southeast of me, beauty all around

While in high school in Portland,I saw it while walking to school every morning from 66-68. My friends and I camped and climbed on it many times, I still have a tube of ash from the explosion my aunt saved for me. The ash ate away the paint on her new car in the week after the eruption. St Helens to the north of me, Mt Hood to the southeast of me, beauty all around

I have been to the area a couple of times and it always amazes me to just stand there and look.  I have a bottle of ash from the eruption too.  A close friend of mine was in the Navy at the time, on the USS Enterprise, which was docked in Seattle.  It is amazing how fine it is and there are wood splinters mixed in as well.

I got a jar of ash too don't know where it went my mom stoped on the side of the road and I scooped some up I was there at the volcano just a week before the big eruption now it's the red zone I picked up a lava rock from there then

oh yea I have Mount Baker (volcano) to the north of me and Mt Rainer (volcano) to the south of me I took a picture of Mt baker just the other day I moved and on a nice cloudless day you can see it I will post it somewhere else