WildSurvive Forum
xXThunderGodXx

My Swiss volcano stove

Were good at ranting and rambling and tromping on some ones thread. Thats what we do.  :P

I have only used my Swedish stove once but if you can get your hands on one cheaper then $100 bucks you wont be sorry. 100 is way too much. Ill have to put up a picture of my kit.

Were good at ranting and rambling and tromping on some ones thread. Thats what we do.  :P

I have only used my Swedish stove once but if you can get your hands on one cheaper then $100 bucks you wont be sorry. 100 is way too much. Ill have to put up a picture of my kit.

if memory servs me they are 19 or 24 at our surplus store. if i can get in there this weekend ill check and see if they still have them.

Were good at ranting and rambling and tromping on some ones thread. Thats what we do.   :P

I Have no problem with winding off topic, I have been on other boards where the mods go ape$hit for veering off topic even if its the thread starter lol the more I post the more I like it here.

Oh use denatured alcohol and not rubbing alcohol for fuel.

yup, i use slx from wal mart. burns clean and hot. you can use the red or yellow bottles of heet (for your cars gas system) to, and any liquer over a certain proof(aka flamible) i work at an alcohol plant so i wonder if they will let me bring home buckets of the stuff. you can use the rubbing alc. but it stinks to high heaven and leaves soot everywhere. but works in an emergancy.

I just love swiss gear. so neat and efficient. can you still use the unit if you run out (or worse case) spill the alcohol? I know you could just stick the cup in the coals of the camp fire but has anyone ever built a pillar fire? I know they showed it once on MvW but my father taught me the trick on a camping trip where you take four green sapling stakes and drive them into the ground close together to create legs and them criscross kindling all the way to the top, set the vessel of water on top and light it. works great for boiling about four cups of water. Showed that trick to my oldest son this past summer when we were making lunch in the field.

I just love swiss gear. so neat and efficient. can you still use the unit if you run out (or worse case) spill the alcohol? I know you could just stick the cup in the coals of the camp fire but has anyone ever built a pillar fire? I know they showed it once on MvW but my father taught me the trick on a camping trip where you take four green sapling stakes and drive them into the ground close together to create legs and them criscross kindling all the way to the top, set the vessel of water on top and light it. works great for boiling about four cups of water. Showed that trick to my oldest son this past summer when we were making lunch in the field.

cool tip! thanks thundergod.

my wife isnt very outdoorsy but at least she is on board for the prepping and self reliance stuff.

~ You'd be hard-pressed to find an "outdoorsy" wife living where YOU live. I mean...  LOOK at your tent. What woman wants to go outside in three feet of snow, and pretend that she doesn't have a warm bed for a whole weekend... just for Fun?  :unsure:

That's a guy thing.

I forgot that for a 16 inch tall burn the stakes should be atleast 2 inches thick and green as can be or the legs burn through and dump boiling water everywhere. my father learned the trick from an old guy he worked with when he worked for the park service in the early 60's and he tried it with his combat helmet in nam. lol he even came up with a jet fuel stove when he worked in refueling but i don't think too many here have a ready supply JP4.

Tg what in the workd is a cream draft? I work with belgian draft horses and I absolutely love them. You never look at a rideing horse the same after seeing the potential of a dratf horse

An American Cream draft horse. beautiful cream colored coat stand around 15-16 hands and have pink skin and amber eyes. rare and beautiful. they almost became extinct only about 50 years as a recognized breed but they are making a come back.

Nice choices with horses ThunderGod.

And I am going to look into one of those cook kits you have. Up here that would be handy.

Yup thats it and as you can see its out of stock. If you can find this stove for that price buy all they got.

gu

Yup thats it and as you can see its out of stock. If you can find this stove for that price buy all they got.

ess i didnt look at that, :blush: just making sure its the same one.

I see your still having problems with that quote thing. At the bottom of the quote is this

and a flashing typing bar.

Hit enter to drop the typing bar down and start typing. Jeese  :nono: