WildSurvive Forum
Watcherofthewoods

30 Day Challenge

Soooo... My ADD mind had been awonderin' today in class and I came up with an idea.  What is 30 days?  Its generally a month, or right around there.  Its not a very special amount of time, but it is a very conveniant one.  What I mean is that it isn't a super long time, but it is long enough to try out something new to understand it better.  I don't know if any of you are familiar with the movie "Supersize Me" where a man eats only Mickey D's for a month, or the show 30 days where people do certain things (be straight in a gay community, christian in a islamic community, use steroids, etc) for 30 days.  I thought, hell, why not try some of these things.  I've thought about things such as eating completely vegitarian, using no electronics, using no car, etc.  For 30 days...  What do you folks think of it.  I will research each activity prior to doing it, then keep a log of all 30 days with progress and views.  Whatchall think?

Watcher

I did no T.V. for a month, best thing I ever did, I hardly watch it now and it's amazing how much more spare time I have. I've been thinking lately about how much we really do rely on technology, this might be a good experiment to prove it. Keep me informed.

I asked the same question on the Hoodlums and the general consencous was that it was just copy cat fo a TV show and that time could be spent more wisely doing other things.  I think if I extend it past 30 days it would be better for things like no TV.  But for trying vegan or something like that I think it would be a good time period to try things

I asked the same question on the Hoodlums and the general consencous was that it was just copy cat fo a TV show and that time could be spent more wisely doing other things.  I think if I extend it past 30 days it would be better for things like no TV.  But for trying vegan or something like that I think it would be a good time period to try things

we have canines, the long pointy teeth. it is because of this that i belive we are meant to eat meat. every "vegan" or organic only person i have met are unhealthy looking, to skinny or emascerated. my wifes step dad is one and he looks like he escaped from a concentraition camp. i can see cutting out the bad dence packed processed food, thats not unhealthy but dude, your body needs meat, especially if your still developing and growing. just my 2c. (oh, and i started to work out and eat better now to watcher) you inspired me to get off my duff and get back into shape.

~ we also have eyes in the front of our heads... like carnivores. This enables us to have excellent depth perception that is paramount in catching prey. All herbivores (I'm talking about mammal herbivores) are prey to larger carnivores, and they ALL have eyes on the sides of their heads to give them panoramic vision so they can see what's coming from every direction. When you watch deer graze, they often lift their heads and perk up their ears, always on the look out for danger. Rabbits do the same thing.

Even primates such as chimpanzees will hunt meat.

I've never seen a healthy-looking vegetarian either.

~ we also have eyes in the front of our heads... like carnivores. This enables us to have excellent depth perception that is paramount in catching prey. All herbivores have eyes on the sides of their heads to give them panoramic vision so they can see what's coming from every angle. When you watch deer eat, they often lift their heads and perk their ears up in between grazing.

Even primates such as chimpanzees will hunt meat.

I've never seen a healthy-looking vegetarian either.

excellent observation there taken :thumbup:

Just was a thought of something to try :P

Good for you Razor! I've been kinda slacking lately...  Just waiting on Rockys P90x videos to get here...

im down to 212 pounds (from 230), i can see 2 of my abs :P my love handles are preety much gone and im looking alot more defined. just from 2 months of cutting out some fat snacks and not drinking a few beers everyday. ive been doing basic calistenics for 2 weeks now. in another 2-4 weeks ill get the weights back out and start hitting my hangboard again. dont have a treadmill anymore but ill probably get another indoor trainer for our bicycles soon and start working on my cardeo. just dont have room to jump rope in the house :frust:

Just was a thought of something to try :P

Good for you Razor! I've been kinda slacking lately...  Just waiting on Rockys P90x videos to get here...

~ It's not a bad thing to try... as long as you do your research. No plant products contain all 8 essential amino acids that our body's need to function. So unless you're going to be one of those vegans who also eat dairy products, you're going to have to know a lot about nutrition. You'd have to mix legumes with grains... like beans with rice to make a complete protein. The vegans who shy away from meat for the humane treatment of animals need to realize that animals kept for dairy purposes are also kept in unnatural situations, and pumped full of hormones and antibiotics to keep them healthy. Laying hens often live out their lives in a cage they cannot turn around in. Hunting is probably the most humane way to consume meat today. Either that or personal farming where you are in control of how you treat your own livestock.

Our ancestors hunted and gathered. If we ate today, like they did then, and traveled the miles they traveled in a day to live like that, we'd probably have very few health problems.

Lean meats, nuts, berries...  fruits (in season)  That's the diet our ancient ancestors ate.

Anthropologists will tell you (From skeletal remains) that bones of the hunter gatherers were stronger and larger than the bones of our agricultural ancestors that followed. Tooth decay was common in the agricultural group. And of course... when we brought all those animals into our backyards, and we quit being nomads and started living in close proximity to the animals we ate, the age of infectious disease was born. Agriculture is the reason our popuation exploded world wide. Why did the Ancient agricultural societies need SO many humans to exist?  Europeans defeated the Native Americans with their diseases, more so than with their weapons.  Just about every infectious disease we have today from the common cold to T.B. to influenza, small pox, measles, plagues of all kinds, AIDS, Ebola, are all the direct result of our contact with animals. We're at a point on this planet where to keep on feeding the world enough protein, we're having to treat our fellow animals on this planet inhumanely.

I personally believe that Nature has her own set of checks and balances, and there will be a reckoning one day. If history repeats itself, a massive culling of our population is eminent.

Being raised on a farm where we butchered our own cows, pigs and chickens and drank our own cows milk you dont realize the difference between ground fed and confinement livestock. There is no comparison in the taste. I cant find any place that sells good ground raised meat.I was six years old when I tasted my first homogenized milk.

Don't get me wrong here, I LOVE meat, dairy, etc.  I just thought it would be interesting to try out, see how other people do that.  As I have been known to tell more that a few vegitarians that there was no way in hell I could eat like they do.