WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Machine

Machine Finally Gets Back Outside

Life's been hectic lately but I finally had a chance to get out.

Nothing fancy just in my yard. But I decided to make a snow cave. We have so much snow....I figured why not.

I've never made one. So this was a learning process. But here's some pics.

63927268-19ff-34b1.jpg

63927268-1a30-6a4b.jpg

63927268-1a46-506b.jpg

63927268-1a70-9aca.jpg

My son helped with the shelter

63927268-1a8d-b92f.jpg

63927268-1ac6-cc49.jpg

So here's what I learned. This burns a ton of calories. That would make it not great survival shelter in my opinion. I would rather look for a natural shelter. The door is a little big. But I'm not little and we had a cave in. The fire adds alot if heat. A reflector would help more. You definitely need something on the floor for a barrier.

Excellent snow cave, Machine!  I cannot believe how grown up your son has become!  Wow!  Please tell Thumper hello for me too!  :grin:

Thanks Holly! Yeah he is way taller than Thumper. I will tell her hi. She always asks about you when I mention the forum. She misses this place.....and you guys!

Thanks Machine good job you got way more energy then me. Its nice to see your smiling face again.  :love:

Good to see your having some fun again. Not sure how long you let that set up. But good going. You can build a shelf inside to be up off the floor. Line it with pine boughs. A candle will heat the inside of that also.

It set up for a while. But then we got some warmer days and that messed things up some. Now we are back to freezing temps......and tons more snow. I may work on it more if I get the chance.

I wanted to add a shelf but ran into an issue with where this is built. There is a pallet in the way. (I built this at my woodpile)

If I get a chance to sleep out there I will try the candle for sure.

Rock...if there was any way I could send you this snow I would do it!  It is ridiculous how much snow we have and it's not stopping!

I'd love to have some down here in the sunshine state. Lol. I hate Florida. I shoulda tried harder to get out when I was single.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk.

Because I am such a nice guy. I will let anyone who wants to play in the snow come to my place anytime. I will even let you shovel my driveway. There is enough snow you can make a snow city.....forget just a cave.

Md I could take some Florida sunshine right now! Wanna trade?

WOW Machine...your kid growed up alot since i last seen any pictures of you and him....i hope you're still teaching him great survival skills !

He is getting big! I swear he gets taller daily. He is still training. This was a big year for him.....finally was able to get a fire (a few now) with a bow drill.

Very cool, Machine!  I only wish I had enough time to get out there and make one myself-- we have enough snow...

You going to do an overnighter?

These last couple warmer days caved in the front. Didn't get the chance. But something tells me we are probably not done with snow.

Hey how about a tipi overnighter at your place?

Good looking snow cave Machine. Good to see you out and about but better you than me with all that snow!!

Man, our kids grow so fast don't they?